Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R34

03-31-2002, 06:13 AM
ok i r new to Af, i am one of those people whose daddy buys them evrerything, including my full size r34 that i imported.

I just wanted to know what color i should paint my tamiya r34. If there is a way to make the paint where the color changes when you move it.

Also, is this kit hard? I just about finished a revell integra type r. Is the skyline much harder that this because I found that kit pretty easy.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am also interested in some mods to the car

Any easy soloutions???
:alien2:

I don't want to do the color changing one, bot what color looks good on the car besides blue

*edit by jay@af: consolidating posts

Marco_Wrc
03-31-2002, 07:07 AM
Dark purple.

03-31-2002, 08:38 AM
which tamiya spray should i use and what color primer?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i gonna put nos bottles (painted fire extinguishers) and make a custom carbon fiber hood with putty and decals i am also gonna order some custom wheels and brakes and i am tryin to find some nismo decals on hlj. i gonna order it from hlj today.
I almost forgot, a custom exhaust kit and an inter cooler

I will have pictures
:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

i am also gonna put some diorama grass on the seats and paint over it. it will look and feel like real cloth.

also, how do i make front and rear lips and sideskirts and custom hoods with putty and where do you buy "styrene sheets???"
I can't find em on hlj, do you think that craft stores will have em

*edit by jay@af: consolidating posts

Murco
03-31-2002, 02:08 PM
Hmmmm,
If I were young enough to live at home and I had a Skyline GT-R, I wouldn't be putting around with models!!:rolleyes:

turbos86
03-31-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 7337
also, how do i make front and rear lips and sideskirts and custom hoods with putty and where do you buy "styrene sheets???"
I can't find em on hlj, do you think that craft stores will have em

Um, use your fingers to form the putty into what you are trying to make. When the putty dries, sand it smooth. Don't use tube putty for such big jobs, use epoxy putty. You answered your own question there with the styrene sheets. Try to use hlj as a last resort or cheap alternative. Your local hobby shop should be the first place to look for your supplies.

Snooker
03-31-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Murco
Hmmmm,
If I were young enough to live at home and I had a Skyline GT-R, I wouldn't be putting around with models!!:rolleyes:

You´re damn right, dude. But I drove only a VW Beetle (I had an accident, the car is only garbage :mad:) so I had to put around with models.

Jay!
03-31-2002, 06:07 PM
Welcome to AF. :) Got any pics of your ITR? :D

S Brake
03-31-2002, 07:57 PM
i'd suggest you paint it the same color as your real GTR, and feel free to post some pics of that.

04-02-2002, 06:22 AM
dope, the picture i have of my skyline can't be uploaded

Tom_S8
04-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 7337
dope, the picture i have of my skyline can't be uploaded

use this : www.automotiveforums.com/upload
Also make sure file size is under 100 kb... But you mean a pic of your 1:1 skyline , or the 1:24 skyline? I'd love to see your real skyline , how does it feel to drive a RHD car in LHD traffic? And shifting with left hand? What about it?

primera man
04-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Or you can send it to me and i'll make it smaller so we can all see this car of your...

primeraman@hotmail.com

Add your comment to this topic!