Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wtf????

Scott82
03-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Has anyone between posting or viewing a post have ads pop up thru the forum for pensoil and stuff like while up loading a new page in the forum and come up w/ a screen that says skip this ad? If so that's bs if ya ask me. there are enough pop ups to worry about anyway. I am sure the forums get a pay check for whom ever they advertise for but thats gay that we have to deal w/ it when it dosn't sell the product. It just pisses me off so i make sure and not buy pensoil and what not.

DirtyD777
03-31-2005, 04:41 AM
yeah I agree it's #$%@in annoying.

But what can you do? Click next in the ad: and get on with your life.

KustmAce
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I haven't encountered that kind of ad. Either way, its more revenue for Igor to keep AF free for YOU. So you really have no room to complain.

freakray
03-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes, I've encountered it and it's annoying as hell!

Then again, there is a link at the top right of the ad that allows you to bypass it.

TaNK_Em
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
This happend to me last night, No big deal AF makes money by haveing ads which allow us to be here.

- Kevin

Thourun
03-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Gets real annoying having to close 5 popups that acumulate when browsing the forums though.. Like that one banner add that when you miss with the slingshot it dosent open a window!

TaNK_Em
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Thorun, Do you run any pop-up blockers? I have the MSN search toolbar and it has one bulit into it that works pretty good and may stop some of the AF ads.

- Kevin

whtteg
03-31-2005, 11:31 PM
If you use Internet explorer get the latest version and you will not see any of them.

'97ventureowner
03-31-2005, 11:35 PM
I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser, and haven't seen those ads. I did notice when I got on the site tonight there was a message bar at the top that said "Firefox has prevented a pop up from opening" or something along those lines. So Mozilla's pop up blocker must be working here.

Scott82
04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
i got the latest enternet explorer and it has cut the popups out considerably, so thanks for that info. Just curious, where did you get the pic of Stop spelled wrong on the street. That's government work for ya LOL. but get the new explorer at windows update cause i havn't had much trouble since.

93-240SX-COUPE
04-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah as of late the pop ups have been coming up alot. Have you guys also noticed the ads for that online match place, True. its just a pair of tits all in your face. I was like WTF!!! But hey u get whatever sponsors u can get.

knorwj
04-01-2005, 11:47 PM
I use mozilla firefox and for about 2 weeks now i've been getting pop-ups that are the exact same as ads already on the page. Like for instance, every time I click on the honda subforum I get a pop-up for the new quakerstate oil which is identical to the damn ad on the left. Like I said I have yet to see a pop-up that is not already an ad somewhere on here. getting kind of tired of it. everytime they start happening I have to run adaware to get rid of them and then they are only gone for about a day or two.

Now don't get me wrong I am all for ads on the website. Igor has an amazing site and there is absolutely no reason to not make some dough off it, but when I try and visit and my computer gets swamped by pop-ups from his advertisers that completely bog me down... well i think thats a little too far.

crazy_canuck
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm running Safari and I have yet to find any problems.

Add your comment to this topic!