Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Bag light

leestewart
03-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I just put a new aftermarket sterring wheel in my car right. Im all excited to drive the car, so I start the car, Air bag light blinking at me. Anyone know how to get rid of this light?? Also my turn signals will not cancell. Any advice on this problem?? Thanks for any feedback Lee

Hodo
03-30-2005, 09:54 PM
If you removed your factory airbag, then the computer will see this as a fault. Unfortantly without a jumper setup to bypass this and send the correct voltage reading back to the computer it will continue to do this. Not much you can do other than pull the airbag bulb out of your dash.

Sorry.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
yah pretty much the jumper idea would be the best thing and its easy...

leestewart
03-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Jumper idea .... ok how would you do that???

Hodo
03-31-2005, 12:25 PM
you will need to find the Ohm specs on the airbag for your year and model car. Then make a jumper wire not more than about 4-6 inches in length that has connectors that will plug into your existing airbag connector, and a resistor with the Ohm rating that matches that of the airbag that has been removed. If you can find a Nissan Airbag test jumper(resistor) then you can plug that in and leave it in place. The computer will think the airbag is working fine and wont set the light.

leestewart
04-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Ok i'll look into it thanks alot

probehtr300
04-02-2005, 12:04 AM
seriously U probably wont want to do all that crap, if you want the easy way out, just take out the light from behind the guages

leestewart
04-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Ya that sounds like a plan thamks

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-02-2005, 01:32 AM
its probably more work to take out the light bulb from the dash then put that jumper inplace i mean come on hes already put the aftermarket steeringwheel on so the wires are real accessible and it would be alot less time consuming

Add your comment to this topic!