Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Malibu For Sale! Nice!

BlackWidowMali
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
I have for sale a 1997 Chevy malibu with 76k miles. The body is black in color, which was recently re-done. There are no chips, scratches, dents, or any blemishes. Very shiny,lol. Exterior mods include: 15% tint(life time gurantee)(very dark), Tail light black outs, clear side markers, Hi-def blue head lights, blue turn signals, 18" Kazera KZ-A's, on Toyo Proxy 4's(brand new tires, less then 50 miles on them) and a 1.3 inch drop from eibach pro springs. The interior is very clean, with the only blemish being a small coffe spot on the header lineing. The car has had its scheduled tune ups, and has never had any problems. Just to be on the safe side, i replaced the head gasket. It has a stage 2 intake with a K&N filter, new performance spark plugs and performance ignition wires(80mm). A BullDog remote start unti is installed( start or stop the car up to 800 feet away!) Up front, it has new powerstop cross-drilled and slotted rotors, with ceramic brake pads. Out back, it has brand new drums. All in all, It could be considered a brand new car. Also, the emblems are shaved, and I had a mesh grill installed(I have the orignal if you want it) I have people all the time ask me what kind of car it is, and they think it is a mercedes, a very nice car! Pictures are available at request. Make an offer. Will deliever if nec. Thanks

Jesyka769
04-01-2005, 08:24 PM
can i see pics of the car and i have 4000

samunik
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
you must be crazy to put up a ad for a car in here, and most probably a Malibu the costliest lemon ever made by grrr..eat GM. only if i wud have seen this forum b4 i bought my malibu, i wud have completely reconsided buying a car itself. lol

Malibu sucks so big. had an Integra b4. trust nothing broke in the car. just nothing, had a huge accident and had no insurance so bought this lemon of course unkowningly.

bcopeland
04-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Chill out, samunik. Malibus are for people that know something about cars! Seriously, I had so many problems with my 99 that it was in the dealer 3 times on one issue before 36K miles. I think the only thing Chevy will learn (Its not a GM issue - my Yukon XL is great!) is to stop buying Chevys.

igkyoa
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
i'm wondering if its not really the malibu which is the problem cause all cars have problems maybe its just the people who tend to by malibu's dont know anything about cars so they come here and bitch about them. and also you get what you pay for so you cant expect something like a malibu which you can pick up for cheap to hold up as well as something more expenhsive.

Sethkj
04-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I would have to agree with igkyoa. I mean, I have my Malibu for less than a month. I've read all the threads and posts that were on here. So I was aware of the problems. I know my way around cars, but not mechanically. The only problem I had was a loose terminal on the battery itself that was causing the car not to start. So far, it's been great. I'm glad that I have an extended warranty on mine. My last car was a POS. After the transmission blew, everything went to hell. I like the ride, etc and hell, the insurance on this car was the cheapest out of the Honda, Toyota or the Nissan I had picked out. That was part of the reason why I got this car. Anyways, there's my thought on that.

johnholl
04-08-2005, 11:16 AM
I have to disagree with the previous 2 posts. I purchased my malibu for $19,000.00 new in 1998. I changed my oil at 3K mi religiously. And I treat my automobiles like babies. After 60K, when the warranty expired I had to replace:

both wheel barings
alternator
Engine [ruined at 98K miles]
lower control arm
blower doesn't work
ABS worked for 2 years

and now it sits in the garage because I have to save up for a fuel pump and gas tank.

As far as getting what you pay for, I't a matter of depreciation base on reliability, NOT my $19,000.00 as new purchase price. Of course you can always ask someone who works in the service department at your local Chevrolet dealership. If new then what I know now, I would have spent the extra $1,000.00 and purchased a Camary in 1998. I'll bet I'd still be driving that today. [Having owned both Toyotas and Chevies, I kick myself in the rearend]

lostmypicks
04-10-2005, 10:58 PM
my 99 malibu is basicly flaless, it has over 100,000 miles
so it is not a chevy or an gm prblem.
by the way chevy is the best

igkyoa
04-11-2005, 12:59 AM
I would have to agree with igkyoa. I mean, I have my Malibu for less than a month. I've read all the threads and posts that were on here. So I was aware of the problems. I know my way around cars, but not mechanically. The only problem I had was a loose terminal on the battery itself that was causing the car not to start. So far, it's been great. I'm glad that I have an extended warranty on mine. My last car was a POS. After the transmission blew, everything went to hell. I like the ride, etc and hell, the insurance on this car was the cheapest out of the Honda, Toyota or the Nissan I had picked out. That was part of the reason why I got this car. Anyways, there's my thought on that.

some people come on the forum and are like "my car is broken and i dont know what to do" when they havent checked simple things like fuses, relays and battery terminals and because of this everyone thinks malibus are shit. i've had mine for over 2 years with no major problems but that might just be because i know my way around a car.

Add your comment to this topic!