Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

supercharger lag??

ZackKVtec
03-30-2005, 03:43 PM
i just got my integra all boosted and it seems like it bogs alittle at very low rpm's, also the boost feels like a turbo, its slow down low then it slingshots... other than that, the new setup is sick... i cant wait to suprise some people with my sleeper.

ps. i need an exhaust bad, i cant even tell when vtec engages because this thing is choking so badly

clawhammer
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
The supercharger you have is probably a belt-driven turbo.

Neutrino
03-30-2005, 05:53 PM
The supercharger you have is probably a belt-driven turbo.

you mean a centrifugal supercharger. and yes that is probably the case, they make most of the boost at hight rpm and are quite laggy.

Its easy to spot one since its compressor is the shape of a snail similar to a turbo compressor.

SiGNAL748
03-30-2005, 05:59 PM
FYI, he has a Jackson Racing Supercharger. Its a roots type, so the problem is something else.

Neutrino
03-30-2005, 06:08 PM
oh then perhaps it could be the tuning. Check your A/F ration and ignition timing.

could it also be that your bogging the motor out at lower RPMs then trying to get on it. Or in a gear too high and punching it.

-Jayson-
03-30-2005, 07:32 PM
check all your vacuum lines. Even a small leak can cause big performance problems.

Thourun
03-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Fuel, try runing it a bit leaner... What are you running for fuel/engine management? Also might replace the plugs or regap them, I seem to remember hearing somwhere that its easy to change the plugs on a civic so once you've eliminated fuel start gaping them to the bigest gap you can withought blowout.

ZackKVtec
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
im pretty sure it's not the vacuum lines, we checked those over alot, i think it might be my timing, jackson racing told me to go to 10 deg btdc for 93 octane, which is 6 deg retarded, and i think we went a little over to be conservative because i dont want to blow my engine. but i called jackson racing technical support and he should be calling me back tommorow. im impressed with the power in the upper rpms, but even when i downshift it seems like it needs to spool up.

ZackKVtec
03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
im just running the stock wiring and the stock FMU that came with the kit, im also using one step colder plugs, which are brand new.. i think i just need to get it tuned

Thourun
03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Yea if your getting good power up high the plugs are fine. Definatly play around with the timing and fuel (or have somone do it who knows what they're doing better yet lol).

whistlin89TTA
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM
hmmm your blower is RPM based boost, so unless your fuel and timing are SOOOO far off that you are accually bogging your engine. They should not have much of an effect on your supercharger. how long is it taking for it to go from 0 vac to 6 PSI. it should take about a sec or so, superchargers are deffinatly alot faster than standard turbos (dual ball bearing turbos are the shit) but it does take a small ammount of time to get the air compressed and what not.

beyondloadedSE
04-01-2005, 12:00 PM
im just running the stock wiring and the stock FMU that came with the kit, im also using one step colder plugs, which are brand new.. i think i just need to get it tuned

get it tuned. ditch the fmu and upgrade your injectors and fuel pump.

Add your comment to this topic!