Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I'm getting off the fence, got questions...

Darkwing
03-30-2002, 11:03 PM
Alright. I've been talked into it! I'm 99% sure I'm getting the MP3 HU now. My questions, and I need them answered!!

1) Whats the best MP3 HU out there?
2) What's the best MP3 HU out there for its price? (preferably under $270)
3) Whats the best speaker combo out there for the above MP3 HU's? (total price under $100 w/o tax for all 4 speakers)
4) If you can hook me up a good deal on any/all of these, let me know, and I'll give you a good deal on my cassette HU, factory HU, and current 20W speakers (all 4)

Notes: my EX model has tweeters installed separately as the 5th and 6th speakers, so tweeter quality isn't very important for the speakers.
I want GOOD bass at DECENT volume. Clean, rich sound is best. Original factory holes for speakers measuring 6.5" dia.

Thank you all for your continuing help as I get my ass off the fence!

Darkwing
03-31-2002, 12:00 AM
I must be dreaming. This is too good to be true.

http://www.mp3carplayer.net/mp3players/carplayercd9118.htm

quick run-down: Its a fully loaded, 25W x 4, CD and MP3 and CD-R and CD-RW player, with full warrenty and detachable faceplate, and all seemingly perfect stuff, FOR $152 SHIPPED!!!! In 2-5 days!!! WTF!?!?!?! this is $100 cheaper than anywhere I've seen! Am I missing something? Or should I just jump on it NOW!!!

GSteg
03-31-2002, 01:57 AM
don't jump on it. i don't see a brand name on it. likely it won't be reputable. second, its only 25x4. you'll only see about 10x4 with that. and third, i recommend pioneer for mp3. i can't remember the model number but its DEH-7400HD or something like that. but i think its out of your price range right now. or you can wait until alpine releases their MP3 player.

Darkwing
03-31-2002, 01:20 PM
hmmm... I see your point. 10 Watts per speaker is poo. I forgot about that. And ur right, its prolly crap. I'm looking at the sony one. Its kinda cheap, but good quality it seems.

xivera
03-31-2002, 07:06 PM
Pioneer's unit can read .wma files also...

Add your comment to this topic!