Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 GT Almost Starts

dr2harp
03-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Upon cranking, the engine fires nicely for about a second and then stops abruptly. The fuel cutoff light was on, so I reset the switch (I think I felt it click), but the behavior persisted. If I crank it again immediately after this behavior, it won't fire at all. If I wait a few minutes, it repeats the behavior of firing for about a second. Fuel filter? (Where is it?) Fuel pump? (Where is it, too?) Any ideas? How does one tell if the fuel pump is working?

Thanks In Advance--

locknloadx
05-15-2005, 05:07 PM
The fuel filter is actually located INSIDE the fuel tank, along with the fuel pump. You will have to drop your fuel tank and drain it in order to get to both. Im having someone the same problem with the Probe I just bought from a friend. Except Im unable to get the fuel pump to activate. But to find the filter and pump, drop your fuel tank. You will see on the top of the tank, there is a circular cap looking thing on it, take that off, and you should find them inside.

invictus_92
05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
check the plug going into the VAF on your intake. if it loose or off... the same will happen.

Add your comment to this topic!