Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Should I race?

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Hey I was wondering if you guys could provide me with a list of cars which I could succesfully drag without embarresment. My baby is a Z32 93' with a manual 5speed. She's stock as a rock. The engine is in great condition and has under 90thoukms on the clock. I don't mind if I lose I just don't want my ass wooped :p. So yeah any suggestions would be appreciated. I might even post the results of these races and provide feedback, i.e. lash out at the bastard who convinced me to run a sleeper :wink:
Cheers

neogenesis
03-29-2005, 12:47 AM
What's fun about racing somebody if you know if you're going to win?

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Exactly, actually what im looking for a close type races which could go either way and thus are reliant on driver ability.

sidewayzS13
03-29-2005, 12:49 AM
just race find your limits why waste your time asking us just go out and race have fun and most importantly be safe

neogenesis
03-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Find another Z just like yours?

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Why ask you guys? Well for starters I figure I can use your pooled knowledge as my advantage and hopefully in theory help me to be a better and to know my limits, in other words learn from others mistakes and experience. Im all about safety no worries I have a fairly good Idea when is an appropriate time and when it aint.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
yah well that eclipse i said i raced in anuther thread theres this one my friends moms b/f has but its got that gay ass slap stick in it ima race him for money prob after my rebuild and ^^boost lol

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah if i were old enough ida bought the TT but my parents weren't to keen on that idea, but i love my Z even if it suffers from a boost defeciency

DeleriousZ
03-29-2005, 01:18 AM
hey man, stop complaining lol... even the n/a z32 is pretty damn quick, compared to the z31 at least.. you should be able to hang with most of the cars out there.. just watch out for the mustang gt's and some of the more modified eclipses/talons... either way, you'll be able to run them pesky civics all day long, unless they're turbocharged, then they'll most likely put a whoopin on ya... can't think of anything else right now, i'm sure there's more... someome else might add something, or i will when i'm more awake

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 01:23 AM
thanks man lol i know i should stop complaining, damn those civics i'll just listen for a BOV before i challenge the ricers.

Broke_as_****
03-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Well since my Z is not running, I can only give advice based on the other vehicles I used to race with, namely a 01 GSX-R 750 and a supercharged C4 Vette (neither of them were mine :D, thank god for idiot friends with cash). With both of those weapons my prefered quarry was Corvettes of any year, hopped up Mustangs, Supras/Talons/Eclipses who they had power and any Porsche I could find.

As for planned quarry with the Z...well thats a little tougher. I mean really, how many Vipers and Ferraris are there out there?

Bdetore
03-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Remember there are some simple tell tale signs as to whether you would get your ass whipped. If you see a Prancing horse on the front end or rear end, you will lose. If you see a bull emblem, you will lose. If it has a name that isn't loosely thrown around at your local pub,... chances are you'll lose. If it has 10 cup holders and seats up to 8, hey, you're golden!

Just be realistic. If you search around the net you can pretty much find performance numbers for anything. Since you're driving a stocker you need to be realistic. You're going to keep with or beat most of the cars in your price range and your year. Start getting more expensive and newer and the challenge gets tougher. Don't fool yourself. You're not going to race a corvette and win. And if you do, either the driver sucked or didn't really give it his all. I've beat plenty of faster cars in my day, but I seriously doubt that it was do to horsepower. I'm sure it was more like better judgement from the other party. Alot of kids throw around "I wasted this new vette in my turbo civic man!!!" No you didn't. You will never know the pressure he was putting on his pedal, and knowing you can win doesn't mean you always take it. Whatever happens just have fun.

stephenp
03-29-2005, 11:01 AM
well you said a prancing horse right as in mouseterd? i smoke them anyday of the week lol i had the baddest one in my time almost give me a run lol dude should of lost some weight lol it would have been a race and i got a 84 it is hopped up a bit on the boost though so i guess its a cheat and i raced my buddies newwer one and ive smoked cammed up vettes with the muncie four speed and all other types of vehicles and to be honest the closest races ive evcer had with anything i ever owned was the honda club cars lol them damn civics lol well maybe this summer ill be able to teach a few a lesson with my tweeked out mods lol
intakew exhaust weight reduction and im thinkin of torchering it if i race the civic boys and going for the full scary 15 psi and HIGH octane lol wanna runnem

Hodo
03-29-2005, 12:47 PM
On topic.

I would like to start by telling you. that you can beat alot of stock cars on the road currently. But there is ALWAYS something faster. But as a rule of thumb stay away from AWD monsters, IE- STi, EVOs, VR4s, Skylines, Audi A8s, Volvo S60Rs (no serriously that thing can hang with a STi). But its fun to play with V8s, Vetts, Mustangs GTs, Z28 Camaros (late models). Dont waist gas on un boosted Civics, and Foci (plural for Focus). Also some 240SXs are some pretty good runs too. But beware of 240SXs with CA18DET swaps, those things are pretty damned quick.

neogenesis
03-29-2005, 01:06 PM
In other words...go race a bicycle.

Zgringo
03-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Seems you have a very low opinion of the Z32 N/A.

Myself I have for breakfast a bowl of Camaro's with some Vette sprinkeled on top with a side of toasted Mustang's and a cup of Porsche. Then I go looking for some worthy to waste gas on and smoke.

As for taking on a bicycle, better be careful what you say. I'd hate to see you get passed with a bicycle on the interstate
1985 John Howard of the US sets a new bicycle speed record of 152.284 mph. The first person to go over 150 miles an hour on a bicycle.
1995 Fred Rompelberg of the Netherlands sets a new bicycle speed record of 166.9 mph. At the time, he was 50 years old, and the world's oldest professional cyclist.

Coupons420
03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
As for taking on a bicycle, better be careful what you say. I'd hate to see you get passed with a bicycle on the interstate
1985 John Howard of the US sets a new bicycle speed record of 152.284 mph. The first person to go over 150 miles an hour on a bicycle.
1995 Fred Rompelberg of the Netherlands sets a new bicycle speed record of 166.9 mph. At the time, he was 50 years old, and the world's oldest professional cyclist.[/QUOTE]

all i have to say is HAHAHAHHA

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 03:34 PM
lol thanks i just gotta keep my eyes open, 240sx with a CA18DET? Isnt that the engine most silivia owners dump in favour of the SR20DET? My mate had an EXA with the CA and it was nothing special and it wasn't stock either. Lol Last night I gave a R33 Skyline sedan a run, i figured there was a good chance that it wasn't turboed. Now either i figured correctly or he wasn't interested in giving it his all coz i was atleast a car length in front. 1 scalp for my 300, soon to be joined by others. And no I dont have a low opinion of my Z, but it probably aint as high as yours Albert? I can understand Mustangs and Camaros, maybe even shitted vettes! But Porsches! Dude thats my God car. 924's don't count, and if your gonna race a 944 make sure it aint turbo'd. And just forget about any year 911 because even stock they are nuts but with some knowledge and some tools they will rip most anything on the street, Porsche are built to last and to go fast. I plan to challenge one of the old girls in a race soon just to hear the girl fire up and see her beautiful rear end speeding away. :grinno:

k3smostwanted
03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
lol thanks i just gotta keep my eyes open, 240sx with a CA18DET? Isnt that the engine most silivia owners dump in favour of the SR20DET? My mate had an EXA with the CA and it was nothing special and it wasn't stock either. Lol Last night I gave a R33 Skyline sedan a run, i figured there was a good chance that it wasn't turboed. Now either i figured correctly or he wasn't interested in giving it his all coz i was atleast a car length in front. 1 scalp for my 300, soon to be joined by others. And no I dont have a low opinion of my Z, but it probably aint as high as yours Albert? I can understand Mustangs and Camaros, maybe even shitted vettes! But Porsches! Dude thats my God car. 924's don't count, and if your gonna race a 944 make sure it aint turbo'd. And just forget about any year 911 because even stock they are nuts but with some knowledge and some tools they will rip most anything on the street, Porsche are built to last and to go fast. I plan to challenge one of the old girls in a race soon just to hear the girl fire up and see her beautiful rear end speeding away. :grinno:

didnt all R32-34 skylines have turbos...if im right he should have had a RB25DET which would have taken a Z32 N/A. maybe im wrong...

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 04:05 PM
No you can get skylines with just rb25de in both sedan and coupe bodies, their just not a very popular import.

k3smostwanted
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
No you can get skylines with just rb25de in both sedan and coupe bodies, their just not a very popular import.

ahh...i see. did not knwo this...well in that case it was probably fair game. the RB25DET is only pushing like 250hp so i would then one less the turbo would be pushing the same or less than the Z32 N/A.

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 04:12 PM
can't be bothered searching the numbers but yeah i understand your logic, yeah it felt good to beat a skyline even if it was minus one turbo and had to additional doors.

Bdetore
03-29-2005, 05:17 PM
well you said a prancing horse right as in mouseterd? i smoke them anyday of the week lol i had the baddest one in my time almost give me a run lol dude should of lost some weight lol it would have been a race and i got a 84 it is hopped up a bit on the boost though so i guess its a cheat and i raced my buddies newwer one and ive smoked cammed up vettes with the muncie four speed and all other types of vehicles and to be honest the closest races ive evcer had with anything i ever owned was the honda club cars lol them damn civics lol well maybe this summer ill be able to teach a few a lesson with my tweeked out mods lol
intakew exhaust weight reduction and im thinkin of torchering it if i race the civic boys and going for the full scary 15 psi and HIGH octane lol wanna runnem

I think you summed it up in the end. If you're beating Ferrari's every day, then they are either old, or you have done serious mods to your car. Either way, you don't put on a cat back and waste a Ferrari. The mods you've most likely done aren't meant to run for 100k miles. If you a few bucks you can make a cheap car go frightenly fast, but you're rebuilding the motor a lot faster than you would expect with a stocker. Of course, Ferrari's aren't known for their glowing durablility. As for the Gringo,... I assume you've done a little mods too. As we've seen over the course of time, you run some serious power into your Z's, but it's a long way from stock. Simple math for those looking on. If you have the money to spend, you can make any car do anything, but you don't buy a mid 80's stock Z and outrun a 2005 Vette. And if you're talking about the early 80's vette's with all the pollution control? I'll race 'em in my truck. Big deal. I drive a shitty Dodge van right now, and I hear ricers revving their cars to the redline and wonder why I'm keeping up with them at half throttle. Just because you stick a coffe can on the back of your accord doesn't mean it goes all that fast. I give credit where it's due to those who put the time and work into their cars to make them true runners, but remember Cherry's running stock. It'll do good, but don't expect miracles.

cherryZ
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
I defy any 300zx owner to argue that their car is superior to super exotics such as Ferrari's and Lambo's... even if the Z (most certainly modded) is quicker. You must also consider handling, durability and ofcourse sex appeal. The Z is a sexy car no question but compared to even a mid 80's testarossa your gonna come up short. The real world doesnt work quite like The fast & the furious, staight line speed isn't everything, and theres more than a good chance the Fazza's gonna build up to a higher terminal velocity, and most certainly be more balanced at the limit. Compare apples with apples. If I race it will be against FTO's and the like, cars which the Z was built to compete with. Forget mega$$ exotics their in a league of their own.

DeleriousZ
03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
tore you obviously haven't seen albert's dyno.. it's frightening...

the skylines also came in a gts model (i know r32 did at least) which had (i think) a regular 2 litre inline 6 non turbo'd... probably an rb20de (if there is such an engine.) they also had the gts-t gts-t M and the gts4 that all had the det's in them and of course godzilla...

stephenp
03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
godzilla i think i met him once and no never even seen more then 5 exotics or atleast not more thasn 20 actually goin down the roads and to be honest i dont think i ever saw any actually depressing there pedal anymore than my grandma does lol and the ones on tracks dont count they arent on the street there onb the track you know
and as for the sex appeal shit mine comes with designer dents and dings come on how much more appeal do you want
lol

Zgringo
03-29-2005, 08:27 PM

That's not fair Mr."D", we didn't have the nitrous turned on. Didn't wan't to break the machine and have to pay for it.

stephenp
03-29-2005, 08:44 PM
nos the other forsed induction

got any for me lol

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM

hahaha tahts funny

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-29-2005, 11:40 PM
and as for the sex appeal shit mine comes with designer dents and dings come on how much more appeal do you want
lol

my cars got those same qualities along with the weight reduction over the years haha

my car i sometimes have to pull out on my sideskirt just to open the passenger door orelse it hits the fender and wont open because the jackass who repaired it did so with bondo and bondoed the sideskirt to the femder and it flaps in and out its not secured real good but ima replace it soon lol

cherryZ
03-30-2005, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE]tore you obviously haven't seen albert's dyno.. it's frightening...[QUOTE]
I think most people would agree that numbers on a page mean 2/5's of diddly squat, performance cars (mega $) use what power they have to extract awsome performance. I'm not saying that Alberts Z aint impressive shit i'd be thrilled if my Z had that much power, however the fastest and best cars arent necessarily the ones with the most power. And Alberts Z also happens to run a V8, i think, which means smaller mods have bigger power yields and the engine is also lighter. And for those of you who think sex appeal counts for nothin have a look at the difference in the price of a 360 Modena (soon to be 430) and compare it to a 911T. Similar performance, the porsche is slightly faster and handles better. But the Fazzas still the more expensive car. Why because the german has more understated beauty whilst the italian screams MONEY!!!! The reason these super exotics aren't being fanged all the time is because the drivers have nothing to prove their content in the knowledge that if they press the loud pedal their going to waste most anything else on the road. Contrary to popular belief real drivers don't live life "a quarter mile at a time"

Zgringo
03-30-2005, 02:14 AM
Sorry cherryZ but that's my VG30DE supercharged 3.0L powered Z32. And your right about real drivers not doing life "a quarter mile at a time". As for the Porsche 911T, I use to own a Ruf TT and I know my Z will outrun it. As for the Ferrari family, never got a chance to meet one on the open road. Not too many running around, but Vette's and Vipers, no problem. You see, I use the 1/4 mile to support my bad habit of driving nice cars on the road. Also I'd like to mention, the fastest 3L car in the world is a 300ZXTT ran on the Bonnieville Salt Flats. 225MPH. There's a race up north of me called the Silver State Challange, which is a race on the highway for production cars. Last year the winner was a Viper with a average speed of over 200MPH. There was a 350Z in the lead till he wrecked his car. I'd give my left nut to enter my VH45DE supercharged 240Z in it but just don't have the time to prep the car for it. Myself personally, I've driven a car at 450MPH (720KPH), so handling and speed are kinda second nature to me. Generally a high powered car has the suspension setup to handle the power and handling necessary for the type of racing the car well be used in.
Read about the specs on the car below.

http://img232.exs.cx/img232/8964/gt27nu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1062560599/1062560599ss.htm

cherryZ
03-30-2005, 05:03 AM
Nice Vehicle Albert, A Z that can outrun a Ruf im impressed, but as you point out your Z is so far from stock that it aint funny, its kinda like the Ruf in that the modifications are so extensive that you may as well slap a Zgringo badge on the front. Me, I would have kept the 911 and just make it a work in progress. Its obvious you dont shy away from a chance to make a fast car faster (and i think thats brilliant). Any car that can hold its own among that illustrious company has earnt my respect! Theres still hope for my NA Z then... hmmm supercharger...
Frankly goin 720km/h is just insane...your damn crazy lol. The link you gave of the GT2 was an example of how to correctly mod a car (make it handle as well as build the engine). So yeah i didn't mean to put shit on your ride or anything just wanted to defend the exotics which seem not to generate the respect they ought to. Peace...oh yeah you have got to run your 240 in that Silver State thing that would be a buzz. Good to hear that a 350z was leading too, although not so good bout the crash. Good luck.

Bdetore
03-30-2005, 11:09 AM

Is it Delerious or just plain dizzy. I don't want to have to quote myself, but I pretty well stated Stock versus highly modded, and I think I tried to give credit where it's due to our friend south of the border on all the hard work. And yes, I've read plenty about his cars on other threads. So let me say it again. GEE ZGRINGO I REALLY THINK YOUR CARS ARE COOL. YOU'VE PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK AND EFFORT INTO THEM. Now that that's out of the way, let me once again be the voice of reason. Brand loyalty is great, I'm glad everyone loves their Nissan product, but a STOCK N/A 300ZX is a far cry from some of the newer more expensive sports cars out there. I'm sure with some extra money and hard work they can me made to go mucho fast. But, that is NOT STOCK! Make sure you know what you're arguing about before you commit to the argument. I'm not here to make arguments, but to be a clear voice of reason and learn a thing or two myself. Look once again at the original question. If there is a bone stock NOT MODDED 93 non-turbo Z that can outrun any good running Ferrari from '93 on I will eat my own ass out.

Zgringo
03-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Bdetore your so right, but you'vr overlooked one important fact. 1 car is a stock PRODUCTION car that sold new for $30,000+ and the other a $100,000+ LIMITED custom built car that was designed to do one thing, go fast and handle better than most production cars. That car is designed that way and is the reason it cost's so much. If what I'm hearing from you is correct then a Indy and Formula 1 car is a Limited custom built car and will smoke a Ferrari any day of the week. Now you look at all the cars in the world and figure how many are exotics vs. stock production cars you'll see that a 300ZX N/A will hold it's own with 90% of them. The exotics no. When your talking about a company that hand builds 200 limited production cars and expect a stock production car to run with them is dumb. Now take your stock production car and bring it up to the exotic car specs., and your talking about a different dog.
Take a production Turbo 911 Ruf Porsche and compare it to a Koenigsegg, Bugatti Veyron, Lotec Sirius, Victor WX3 or a Cizeta Moroder and once again were talking about a production car thats the cream of the crop vs. custom hand built cars that cost in excess of $300,000. The Ruf is a production car that has been upgraded to Ruf specs and a super car, but can't and won't run with the biggies.
Now for anyone to take a production car (Saleen, Shelby, Ruf or anyone) and modify it to run with the big boys, has there work cut out for them. There's so many different types of racing (Drag, GP, Sand drag, Hill climb, Street, Pulling, Circle track, ect. ect.) it would be impossible to say which car is the best car built. Different type of racing requires different type of setup. A street car can't be expected to run with a Indy car any more than a Indy car can run with a Dragster.
And Bdetore, I think your safe in eating your own ass out.

Bdetore
03-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I think we're in agreement here, and I never said that any manufactururs $20-40k production cars were in the same league as a hand built Ferrari. They are different cars. My point is, to get a production car like a Z to run with the high end $100k sports cars you have to do some serious work on them, even more so to have them be reliable. You know, you've done the work, and so you have the spoils. You got my respect for that. But for some people to come on here and say they just stomped on a $200k Ferrari on the street, like it was a cake walk? I'm not buying it, and when a stock Z owner comes here and asks who they can race and gets what is a pretty lop-sided answer, we gotta be realistic with each other. No argument when it comes with the Z's standing as one of the best cars of it's time for the price. As a stock car it's right up there "bang for the buck" wise with today's new vette. It has one of the most reliable production motors ever built and for the weight can stand with 90% of the cars on the road today. And I think Nissan has done a great job building great cars for a long time. Their record for sales is simply not representative of the cars they build. It's alot like the old Mustang/Camaro debate. Out of the box the LS1 pony cars would outrun, handle, and even mpg, their ford counterparts of those years, but more people just bought mustangs. Don't get me wrong guys. Z's are what they are: great cars, but you aren't gonna go out and smoke anything because it's what you drive. It takes alot of work, and I think we all know that. As for my ass,... I wouldn't have done it anyway. I have enough back problems.

cherryZ
03-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Albert I wouldn't be so quick to claim the porsche, especially a customised Ruf, wont run with the 'big boys'. Now im not talkingyour regular run of the mill Porsche (does such a beast exist?!!!!) The Koenigsegg CCR is already in the record books as the most powerful production car ever 601kw, but it has not yet proven its 405km/h v-max, neither has the much delayed Bugatti Veyron 16.4, the McLaren F1 ran to 386.4km/h in March 98, but alas that record has been broken by a much modded Porsche. The 9FF 9F-V400 (what a mouthful) The spawn of a tiny german tuning company ran just 1.6km/h better around nardo at 388km/h. Now i understand this isnt a "production car" but in reality Bugatti's and Koenigsegg's are production by deffinition only. Given they are produced in such small numbers makes it a fairly even competition in my mind. The founder of 9FF says he'll be back to run it past 400km/h. I rekon if i fit like twelve inch straight through exaust with a cannon muffler i could take him. :lol:

Bdetore
03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Albert I wouldn't be so quick to claim the porsche, especially a customised Ruf, wont run with the 'big boys'. Now im not talkingyour regular run of the mill Porsche (does such a beast exist?!!!!) The Koenigsegg CCR is already in the record books as the most powerful production car ever 601kw, but it has not yet proven its 405km/h v-max, neither has the much delayed Bugatti Veyron 16.4, the McLaren F1 ran to 386.4km/h in March 98, but alas that record has been broken by a much modded Porsche. The 9FF 9F-V400 (what a mouthful) The spawn of a tiny german tuning company ran just 1.6km/h better around nardo at 388km/h. Now i understand this isnt a "production car" but in reality Bugatti's and Koenigsegg's are production by deffinition only. Given they are produced in such small numbers makes it a fairly even competition in my mind. The founder of 9FF says he'll be back to run it past 400km/h. I rekon if i fit like twelve inch straight through exaust with a cannon muffler i could take him. :lol:

This is getting a little too in depth for me. Does anyone know if a stock Z will outrun a panel van with a edelbrock sticker in the window? :D

Zgringo
03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
This is getting a little too in depth for me. Does anyone know if a stock Z will outrun a panel van with a edelbrock sticker in the window? :D

No, but it'll smoke a Opel with NOS stickers and a fox tail hanging on the antenna.

stephenp
03-30-2005, 08:59 PM

youd beat him hands down
lol
you still got the 600 horse shot of nos right

cherryZ
03-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Nah mate thats just a subwoofer that looks like a bottle of NOS :lol: Do they have those things your way? Its gotta be the most tryhard mod ever. People are just gonna run away screaming when your "NOS" tank starts shaking from the bass. Besides the 9FF is running in excess of 820hp so even with the shot i'd be behind. :) However thats not considering the aided aerodynamic effeciency provided by the fox tail nor the performance enhancing scented pine tree hanging off my rear view mirror....it'd be damn close tho. :grinyes: and now im just typing to see how many smilies I can use :licka: :naughty: :screwy: :evillol: :sly:

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-31-2005, 02:25 AM
im just wonderin one thing ZGringo :

what was it that you drove at 450MPH (720KPH)

tahst like a rocket car awesome i would love to get up there that high of speed ..

Zgringo
03-31-2005, 02:34 AM
im just wonderin one thing ZGringo :

what was it that you drove at 450MPH (720KPH)

tahst like a rocket car awesome i would love to get up there that high of speed ..

The video of it was posted somewhere on Past Z's but if you can't find it, eMail me at lampllc@msn.com and I'll download it for you. I don't remember who posted it, maybe some of the other guys know.
It was a dual Nissan engine powered streamliner, 4 wheel drive, and I wouldn't recommend you trying it till you get some high speed driving under your belt. Things happen real quick at that speed.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-31-2005, 02:36 AM
The video of it was posted somewhere on Past Z's but if you can't find it, eMail me at lampllc@msn.com and I'll download it for you. I don't remember who posted it, maybe some of the other guys know.
It was a dual Nissan engine powered streamliner, 4 wheel drive, and I wouldn't recommend you trying it till you get some high speed driving under your belt. Things happen real quick at that speed.

oh so true im still young and although have been driving for many years even before license i havent driven on courses or even got anywhere near that kind of speed ..

Zgringo
03-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Age doesn't have a thing to do with it. It's like riding a bike, till you get it, lots of spills. I know people been driving for 50 years I wouldn't ride with over 60MPH. And I know kids who were in the 200MPH club at 16.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-31-2005, 03:48 AM
yah ya got a point..

so yah i emailed you bout dat video dont know if you got it already incase u didnt email itto me at TuRbOZ31ZeD@gmail.com

thanks

cherryZ
03-31-2005, 05:21 AM
The only time i'd approach that speed is if i was at 20,000 ft, where did you do that. Wasnt here in Australia was it on Lake Eyre (which is dry most of the time leaving a very flat surface)? I know they do a lot of high speed runs down here.

stephenp
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
well not that the car is relavent but the fastest i ever went was like 170 in my camaro
wow they are sleds at 120+ lol but it was in less than a half mile of straight starting dead stop so its not like i was really winding for a long time allthough i did toast the motor when i went to slow down lol it was allright though ripped a rod off the cranck split the cam in 3 and shattered a cylinder wall (same piston that ripped of the rod
but somehow the heads are unharmed valves and all what the ??? small blocks and noninterference
lol

Zgringo
03-31-2005, 01:19 PM
The only time i'd approach that speed is if i was at 20,000 ft, where did you do that. Wasnt here in Australia was it on Lake Eyre (which is dry most of the time leaving a very flat surface)? I know they do a lot of high speed runs down here.

Na mate, it was on the Bonnieville Salt Falts in Utah. It's alot more fun doing it on the ground than at 20,000 ft. It's even more fun when airplane try to keep up with you to take pictures.:smokin:
I've heard about your Lake Eyre. It's 1 of about 4 places on earth you can let it all hang out. Down here where I live we have a hwy. that I can get up to about 200MPH but run out of room. I really don't know how fast I'm going, as my speedometer only go up to 190MPH.

cherryZ
03-31-2005, 04:12 PM
In NSW we have a max speed limit on our highways of 110km/h if we want to go beyond that you either take the risk or drive west to the Northern Territory (btw i know it sounds stupid driving west so maybe its like NW) out there they don't have any speed limits and its like a desert. Every once in a while you here about a guy who dies out there collecting a kangaroo in his mega $$ sportscar doing like 300km/h so i don't know how safe it is.... on the plus side you can pretty much see to the horizon and most times the only thing you will hit are flocks of birds. You always see pics of little bird feet and feathers stuck in the radiator when people drive quick out there...poor birds lol

stephenp
04-02-2005, 02:17 AM
i wish we had no speed limits lol
we get like 65 on the highway(mph)
Gonna have to convert the speeds lol no idea what the conversoin is i know my z is pretty quick now that ive tuned er up a little ive hit probably 140 in her before i did more mods but then i kinda said hmm i dont even see that acura anymore lol

what do you do when you pull up to a car goin down the highway that has more gauges than a christmas tree has lights and its all lit up

you try and run them right lol
what if you pull along side them and rev it up and you hear them rev and by the time you get outta 3rd (from the bottom of 3 to the top of 3) you see hi as a little dot ibn the mirror lol does that count lol

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-02-2005, 02:29 AM
north dakota dont have a speed limit i think theres this stretch of highway heading to chicago thast straight for a good 4 miles or sumn maybe more take taht at about 3am and its all clear not any cars onit hardly lol

Zgringo
04-02-2005, 02:41 AM
In NSW we have a max speed limit on our highways of 110km/h if we want to go beyond that you either take the risk or drive west to the Northern Territory (btw i know it sounds stupid driving west so maybe its like NW) out there they don't have any speed limits and its like a desert. Every once in a while you here about a guy who dies out there collecting a kangaroo in his mega $$ sportscar doing like 300km/h so i don't know how safe it is.... on the plus side you can pretty much see to the horizon and most times the only thing you will hit are flocks of birds. You always see pics of little bird feet and feathers stuck in the radiator when people drive quick out there...poor birds lol

Driving west to go to the Northern Territory...right. I've heard of people collecting coins and stamps, but kangaroo's????
But then I drive north to go to Southern California, and I collect Henways.

cherryZ
04-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Collecting Kangaroo's is like a damn extreme sport, the people that live in the bush have these huge ass "roo bars" to avoid death. Last time at the Bathurst V8 supercar race one of the contestants hit a roo at like 200km/h and it flew like three metres in the air, they kept showing it on replay to, pretty unpleasant

Add your comment to this topic!