Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pioneer 3 ways better than Eclipses???

MStout
03-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I bought my new car...a 2 door cavalier...and my right front speaker was crackling with the bass, so I assumed it was blown. It was kind of obvious it was though, but still they both sounded like shit...so with my birthday cards for BestBuy I went and bought Pioneer 3-way 4x6"s. When I went to take the shitty ones out, I found out they were Eclipse 3 ways....(SE8363) But anyway...with the reputation of Eclipse and all, I dont understand why these dont sound near as clear as the Pioneers do. Im running them both off of my Alpine deck, and there was a Sony Explod deck in there before. Im thinking the girl who had the car before me blew the front 2, since I can hear distortion from the left speaker now too. The Eclipses are $120 a pair, so Im assuming they were once nice speakers.

I will have to check the back also...because there isnt alot of range back there and the bass distorts easier than my old Pioneers in my Neon. If anybody knows about the acoustics inside of Cavaliers...that could help too. Thanks.

threedd97
03-29-2005, 01:31 AM
It came with a Cavalier... it's not going to be top of the line anything. It's probably some 1/2 assed speaker Eclipse pumps out for factory speakers in cars.

Just read further that it was used. There is no telling what kind of crap those speakers went through. So I wouldn't judge speakers when they're pre-owned. All in all, I don't know about their speakers, but I know they make great HU's.

BobChestnut
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
I have pioneer speakers in my pickup although i have the 6x8" 4 way speakers and i've listened to alpine and carious other speakers and i'd say for a good inexpensive speaker pioneer does a hell of a job. I'd have to say your aftermarket pioneer's are gonna be better. Also gettign rid of that crappy sony deck helped a lot idk if you like them but every one i've heard i've hated.

germanyt
04-01-2005, 07:32 PM
even if the eclipses are aftermarket you never know if they where installed while the car still had a factory h/u. the factory h/u could have fucked up the speakers. the sony probably wasn't much better. i dont know much about the speakers but i know about pioneer. i used to think they were great. i had their 3 way 6x9s. not really sure what happened to them. when i swaped them with my new infiitys, the tweet was spinning around like a top. they were not fixed anymore. tells me a little about the pioneers that i did not know before.i know eclipse makes much better subs so i would assume that their mids and highs are better too.

Add your comment to this topic!