Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dash Clock and Radio problems

lucour
03-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I own a 1992 Honda Accord LX. Recently I saw the dash clock start to flicker and then ultimately one day it stopped working totally. At the same time, coincidentally or not, the radio loses it's presets when the car is turned off. For example I always have the radio set to 100.1 FM, but the next time I start the car it reverts back to 87.7 FM. I have no clue what is going on here. Can anyone help? Can the clock module itself just be gone?

Thanks !

SpoilerV2
03-30-2002, 07:13 PM
check ur fuses.. the radio and clock work off the same line... maybe a bad fuse or corroded wire.. i can't remember if it's theo one in the engine bay or inside the car.

lucour
05-02-2002, 08:16 AM
I have checked the fuses. There is one fuse on the inside panel (by the clutch) labelled 'Radio'. When I take this out the radio stops working. I replaced it with another one, but the presets are still not ok. One thing I did try is turning off and on the ignition several times. For many times the preset (100.1 FM) will stay the same as I stop/start. But then I here 2 distinctive clicks coming from the area of the radio (as I turn the ignition key), and this is when the preset goes back to its default (87.7 FM)
...... As for the dash clock, there is a button at the very top of the unit that when I press it in the time on the clock displays. But when you let go the clock goes blank again. It will not work unless I hold my finger against this button.

Mobieus
01-01-2004, 03:58 PM
check ur fuses.. the radio and clock work off the same line... maybe a bad fuse or corroded wire.. i can't remember if it's theo one in the engine bay or inside the car.

The Fuse for the Radio Presets is located in the engine Bay fuse panel. If I remember corectly it is the top right fuse ( Closest to Windshield and farthese from passenger side) and should be 7.5 Amps

Maple50175
01-01-2004, 04:51 PM
fuseeee

Add your comment to this topic!