Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Having some starting trouble can anyone help me?

99bowtie
03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Well, the other night i went out with some friends and ended up making a few guys mad who thout it would be funny to loosen the lug nuts on one of my rear wheels. The wheel cam off at about 50mph and my rear end on my 99 silverado standard cab 1500 hit the ground pretty hard. Well i put the wheel back on and everything looks pretty good, but for some reason my truck will not start now. I have had a few mechanics tell me that my vehicle has an emergency fuel cutoff that trips when you get in an accident and this could be the problem. But i have talked to a few gm service techs that tell me that ford has this switch but gm does not, does anyone know if it does or not, or where it is located? Or anything else that could be the problem? The motor turns and trys to start but for some reason it just wont fire. Thanks

amac209
03-28-2005, 08:12 PM
gm's do not have an inertia switch. the first thing to do is check all the fuses. does the fuel pump run for a couple seconds when the key is turned on? if not check if any wires got ripped out underneith. you should put superglue in the door locks of the guys ride who did that

BlenderWizard
03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
gm's do not have an inertia switch. the first thing to do is check all the fuses. does the fuel pump run for a couple seconds when the key is turned on? if not check if any wires got ripped out underneith. you should put superglue in the door locks of the guys ride who did that

No, screw that, use JB weld!

amac209
03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
actually a better idea is to put shrimp down the heater vents. that way they get chopped up by the fan and splattered inside all the vents before they go rotten.

99bowtie
03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
thanks guys i have a few mechanics working at it now so i hope i have a fix soon. the fuel pump functions fine so does the ignition coil and the distributor, but i am still not getting any spark, i think the prob could be in the electronic ignition module.

poxamillion
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Tbi On 1987 W/dual Tanks,is It The Switch Valve Or Fuel Pump?

Add your comment to this topic!