Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Accord Ex

andresatp
03-27-2005, 07:34 PM
My odometer stopped counting miles after I reset the trip meter. I think they are somehow hooked together....anyone had that happen?? What should I do, I really dont want anyone tearing up my dashboard, including myself.... sucks

jeffcoslacker
03-28-2005, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't fix it until you are ready to sell it. Think of the deprieciation you are avoiding.

Seriously, if it is a mechanical odo, just try shooting a small amount of WD-40 into the hole where the reset button goes in, then work the button and see if it lets go. You might want to try pushing the reset while you are travelling down the road at a good clip, the motion of the drive cable may help unjam whatever is stuck.

jeffcoslacker
03-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Don'r get mad at me if you get WD-40 backspray inside your intrument bezel. I don't know how yours looks, you'll have to make that call yourself.

AccordCodger
03-28-2005, 09:40 AM
WD-40 on plastic parts? BAD idea!

jeffcoslacker
03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
WD-40 on plastic parts? BAD idea!

Why? It will leave spots on clear plastic, that's why I warned him about the bezel. But it doesn't deteriorate it or hurt it in any way.

AccordCodger
03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Depends on the plastic. Some are dissolved by WD-40. Would you want to be the one to try and guess which kind(s) are used inside a Honda speedo head?

It's like the old story of someone spraying their computer keyboad because the keys were sticking. After that, they ALL stuck!

jeffcoslacker
03-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Depends on the plastic. Some are dissolved by WD-40. Would you want to be the one to try and guess which kind(s) are used inside a Honda speedo head?

It's like the old story of someone spraying their computer keyboad because the keys were sticking. After that, they ALL stuck!

Hmmm. I've used WD on anything and everything (including keyboards). It doesn't have anything in it that should react to plastic. I suppose it is possible, but I haven't found anything yet.

Add your comment to this topic!