AF Server Problems?

CivicSpoon
03-27-2005, 05:38 PM
"Automotiveforums.com is down for maintainance. Try back in about 5mins :)"
I've gotten that message 4 or 5 times in the past week alone. Every time it's when I'm trying to post a message. Is there a specific time of day this is done, or is there possibly a better time it could be done like when it's the slowest? With this happeneing and AF generally running slower than usual lately; it's getting kind of annoying. I guess I'm just asking if there's a problem with the server that's making it run slower lately and needs maintenance more often? Or even, is this happeneing to anyone else?

igor@af
03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
This message is displayed when the server loads go too high. We are working on acquiring more servers to ensure this issue is resolved as AutomotiveForums.com grows larger.

CivicSpoon
03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I just wanted to make sure my computer wasn't getting funky again.

jcsaleen
03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
This message is displayed when the server loads go too high. We are working on acquiring more servers to ensure this issue is resolved as AutomotiveForums.com grows larger.

Hahaha yea a 1000 a day might do it.

Anyways Im having trouble latly too. It goes really quick and displays all the topics but once I click a comany or a specific car it takes about 1-2 minutes to actaully load.

Just to let you know Igor Im in new york if that helps.

CivicSpoon
03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah me too. I'm sure that's part of the problem, since the servers are in Cali (I might be mistaken but I thought that was stated in a thread before).

'97ventureowner
03-27-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm in NY also and have gotten that message twice in the last two weeks. Both times occured after 11:00 pm EST so I thought that the maintenance was routine and generally occured late at night or very early in the morning when traffic on the site tends to be lower. And now that you mention it, I have also noticed there are times now when pages load a lot slower, especially after posting a response. This, I thought might have been related to high trafffic on the site at the time it was occuring.

CivRacer95
03-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm actually in Utah, and it has happened to me quite a few times. My internet service hasn't been so great lately, but now that you guys have mentioned it, I'm glad that that wasn't the problem causing this. Cool. No worries now. L8...

Add your comment to this topic!