Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question: How to change from stock towing mirrors to power towing mirrors

Silverado2002
03-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I recently traded for a 2002 Silverado 2500 LS Crew Cab. I intend to pull a 5th wheel or trailer. The truck has stock manual telescoping mirrors. I could live with the manual adjustment, but the field of view on the stock mirrors is very limited.

I would appreciate any advise from someone who has changed out the stock mirrors to OEM's that are power and have a larger field of view.

Thanks…

Silverado2002
03-31-2005, 11:12 PM
I recently traded for a 2002 Silverado 2500 LS Crew Cab. I intend to pull a 5th wheel or trailer. The truck has stock manual telescoping mirrors. I could live with the manual adjustment, but the field of view on the stock mirrors is very limited.

I would appreciate any advise from someone who has changed out the stock mirrors to OEM's that are power and have a larger field of view.

Thanks…

I sure would appreciate any help from anybody who has done this...

woodyh61
04-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Just remove cover plate on inside of door. unsrew the bolts holding mirror in place install your new ones in reverse

jethro_3
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
There is a guy on eBay that sells the camper kits and has all the instructions to install it. He even has a kit with instructions for the folding mirrors. I wish I could remember his name, he is the one that sold me the turn signal mirrors wit the driver side dim that I wired in. Good Luck

wbs97gp
11-10-2005, 08:41 AM
jethro_3

I am in the process of installing the new glass with the turn signal and dim, and was wondering how you hooked them up, since I don't see the wires in the mirror housing in my 05

Thanks

Walter_b

Add your comment to this topic!