Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Not Sure???

flashgj28
03-29-2002, 09:48 PM
I have loved viper since it was first released. I got my first drive in a 92 when a friend bought one. But,,, the 2003 rt/10 looks odd. When I first saw it I thought it looked similar to a camaro. I just find the lines too sharp. I love the round lines of the current viper. Has anyone seen the new GTS or have they released them yet? I guess I will just end up with a used viper!

:bloated:

Viper 10
03-29-2002, 11:21 PM
There is no "new" GTS that has been released. The Coupe that you have seen is the Competition Coupe. It is being produced for racing applications only. Daimler Chrysler just recently approved the production of the GTS Coupe version of the SRT-10 to be made in the '05 model year. That gives Ford a one year jump with the GT-40 to attract Viper owners like me to defect from DC.

I'm not a fan of te SRT-10 Convertible. It's appeal is to crossover ricers and old men with young wives. Not many of the current Viper owners like the new styling (although the GTS Coupe is a huge improvement to the convertible RT-10). To me it still looks too much like a cross between a Supra and an S2000. JMO.

Brad

Add your comment to this topic!