Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

moderators= dictatorators

speedthrill
03-26-2005, 08:28 AM
hmmmmm
I'm gone for a week and this is what i found back. Well to be honest the first impression in my mind was that something huge most've happened. And i don't like it. ( Even if i'm not the regular visitor, i enjoyed this forum, in particular the street race forum, a lot). The joy is gone now and for some reason all they can say is "an internal investigation",.... MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we actually all don't like it.

And the stupidest thing is that this forum here has the space and intentions to talk about such stuff and then they close down the threads of the users who are really wondering about all those things and missing all of the moderators who were truly devoted to help and talk with uss. to be a good friend of some of us.
To me this is a clear example of dictatorship. And i really think that if it is an internal bullshit affair, they don't need to get banned. Just investigate all that shit behing their back, like your doing right now. cause i think it's very lame to ban them without giving them much information of what's going to happen. and without giving them the right to defend their honour to us.

I don't give a fuck if some moderator is going to give his little speech here but i would rather dont like to see that, instead join the discussion. I just want a nice discussion between us users about this afair.

Oh yeah, i thought this board was there for us, the users, not for the moderators, and please come in discussion with us instead of locking the threads with these questions.
Believe me, that works the other way around.
Sorry about all those fucks and what ever i said above but i'm belgian and we say it a lot :biggrin: .

You moderators need to think about what you really want, cause banning the moderators who come up for the users and really put alot of time and effort into something for all of uss is not the right way to deal with internal problems who are lead by in my eyes a dictator. that's just NOT right

and dont you dare to come here and tell me i dont know what i'm talking about, cause that's exactly what im trying to say, inform us!!!

Maybe we should start a petition or something

PS: if this was an april joke, i don't get it

O yeah, before you hit the ban button, read all my history posts and then decide

CivRacer95
03-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Don't worry, everything is going under way. We really don't need to know anything at all. Just go about your business. If they feel it was important enough to tell, then they would have. Although this could be an April Fools Joke, so don't worry. It's just a joke. I'm sure everything will be back in order soon. Until the time, don't worry. There is a very good chance this thread will be deleted soon. The current mods serving us at this time have taken action against threads like these. So please, just be patient, don't worry, and go about posting the way you normally would. And please, don't worry, everyone is doing the same as I have told you to do. Just go about things as you normally would (once again). So in conclusion don't worry :biggrin: (how many times did I say that?)L8...

RedLightning
03-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Id like to say that this is an April Fools thing too. Like someone said Redneck still has his stars. other banned guys don't.(rednecks revenge)

whtteg
03-26-2005, 10:37 AM
OK guys maybe I can help clear up some things for you. The currently banned moderators were not banned by any other moderator, we cannot ban other moderators. They were banned by Igor and Jacob (aves911) who are the admins here. Also they have been informed as to why they are banned, they are not supose to talk about it. I am 90% confident that they will be unbanned as soon as Jacob and Igor finish reviewing what they did. And as much as I would like this to be an April's fool joke, I am affraid it is not. I feel that everything will be worked out to everyones satisfaction in due time, but until then please don't hate on any of the other moderators they are not to blame for what happened, it was the banned moderator's own actions that got them in this situation.

Id like to say that this is an April Fools thing too. Like someone said Redneck still has his stars. other banned guys don't.(rednecks revenge)

When moderators are banned they do not lose their stars unless they are perminatley banned. The currently banned moderators are on a temporary ban, that is why the stars are still there.

I will leave this thread open for now so that you guys can talk about this, but if it turns into a name calling, flaming or protest type thread it will be locked.

xXxRocker5150
03-26-2005, 03:41 PM
are we going to know what the investigation is about eventually or is it just somthing that we're going to have to not talk about????

speedthrill
03-26-2005, 07:00 PM
ok cool

sorry for my overreaction, it felt necessary at the time, but now it seemed a bit like overreacting. :p

CassiesMan
03-26-2005, 09:54 PM
ok cool

sorry for my overreaction, it felt necessary at the time, but now it seemed a bit like overreacting. :p

Eh, us BMW owners tend to overreact...

If I can jump in here, I've talked to Red on AIM the past few nights, and he has assured me this is NOT an April Fools joke. I agree with Damapchi that if it was, I'd be even more inclined to leave becuase doing something like this and upseting a large number of members could hurt the reputation of the forums. However, while in principle I agree with what Speedthrill is saying, I have to agree with some of the mods/admin and say that right now, we can only help by what most of us have done, and put free so and so in our sigs.

Us getting upset and ourselves banned isn't helping at all. Right now, the best action to take is to just sit back, wait quietly, and hope that all goes well. Now then, if the mods stay banned, I think that we are at least owed an explination of why they were banned. I perosnally think we are owed one now, but the mods and admin have decided that we dont. And since this forum website is free, we cant really demand anything else from them. Now then, if we had paid memberships, we could start demanding more.

So, despite my displeasure of the situation, and my support for the banned mods whom I think should be reinstated and appologized to, I think the best bet we have right now as memebers is to wait it out, and continue to voice our support for the mods in our sigs, as we are doing, and not overreact. Right now, I have faith that the admin and mods will come to a proper decision and that the mods in question will be reinstated. If not...then I'll just get the SKP together and there will be hell to pay...I think.

Add your comment to this topic!