Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 300m crank/cam sensor

datpimp1
03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I have a 2003 300m while it was driven the engine light came on a and you could feel lost power it wouldnt accelerate much , i toke it to chrysler ,so its still under warranty so they fixed it and they said it was the crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor, so i wanted to know what could make those go bad . I know those are serious senosrs that shouldn't go bad that quick the car only has 11,000 miles on it. They could have lied i don't know im jus thinking what could make those go bad Any Suggestions Thanks

theFREAKnasty82
04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
it's relatively odd for BOTH sensors to go out at the same time, I believe it's either a wiring problem or a problem in the PCM, possibly.

rebuilder
04-09-2005, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=datpimp1]I have a 2003 300m while it was driven the engine light came on a and you could feel lost power it wouldnt accelerate much , i toke it to chrysler ,so its still under warranty so they fixed it and they said it was the crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor, so i wanted to know what could make those go bad . I know those are serious senosrs that shouldn't go bad that quick the car only has 11,000 miles on it. They could have lied i don't know im jus thinking what could make those go bad Any Suggestions Thanks[/

since the car was under warranty ,the guys at the dealer probaly replaced both just to get paid some money. flat rate remember
guys dont get paid to diagnose...............terry

Add your comment to this topic!