Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trunk Light

dorsetman
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Can anyone please tell me where the trunk light relay is,my light does not work and i have changed the bulb but still no joy, or is there anything else i should be looking at, thanks

gapboi210
03-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I would imagine there should be a mercury switch somewhere. Anyone else know?

e2helper
03-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Mecury = bad for environment. The trunk latch has a switch in it that closes and grounds the lamp when trunk is ajar/open. If your power trunk release works then you know you have a ground to the latch itself.

You need to figure out if you are missing power or ground at the lamp when the trunk is open.

I assume your dome lamp works, right?

dorsetman
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Mecury = bad for environment. The trunk latch has a switch in it that closes and grounds the lamp when trunk is ajar/open. If your power trunk release works then you know you have a ground to the latch itself.

You need to figure out if you are missing power or ground at the lamp when the trunk is open.

I assume your dome lamp works, right?

Thanks e2helper I'll check it out

dorsetman
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
I would imagine there should be a mercury switch somewhere. Anyone else know?

I'll look for the switch, thanks for the info

FISH96
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
There Maybe A Diode In The Power Feed Circut. You Will Have To Get A Schematic Of The Circuit. Follow The Power Feed Circuit From The Trunk Light. This Diode Should Be Located About 18 10 20 Inches From The Light Itself. You May Have To Pull The Wire Out To Get At The Diode. Do Not Do Anything Until You Prove That The Trunk Switch Is Operating And You Have A Good Ground. The Swith Is Located On The Trunk Latch Mechanism.
When The Trunk Is Open The Swicth Completes The Ground Circuit. I Hopes This Helps You. By The Way If It Is The Diode You Can Pick One Up A Radio Shack. It Is Nothing Fancy.

ladyk325
04-22-2005, 08:29 AM
what year car do you have? i have an 00 my relays for lights and things are under my hood where the fuses are. they are only mini relays though so I don't know if what I'm saying will help at all.

Add your comment to this topic!