Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Console light idea

LeBuick
03-25-2005, 12:10 AM
My 2002 PA armrest cupholder broke, since they are really flimsy I decided to buy a floor console with adjustable cup holders. It is fairly dark down there at night so I would like to install a very low light of some sort. Any ideas?

I figure I can use the power from my ashtray light since i'm a non smoker.

jgeorg
03-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Here's just a quick thought which requires no work. Since you don't smoke if you remove the ashtray will ashtray light illuminate the floor?

LeBuick
03-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Here's just a quick thought which requires no work. Since you don't smoke if you remove the ashtray will ashtray light illuminate the floor?

Are you suggesting to have a hole in my dash where the ashtray SHOULD be? Another quick thought would be to get one of those flexible magna lites and double side tape it on to the dash. I could drill a hole in the windshield and run wires to the battery for max light at night. Now were cooking!

jgeorg
03-26-2005, 01:30 AM
If you can duct tape that matches your dash you're homefree! You'll have to run an interior light to the lower part of the middle dash where this new console is. I'd book a chiropractor visit before you start.

Add your comment to this topic!