Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Upper intermediate shaft backorder?

TB55123
03-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Are the upper intermediate steering shafts for 2002 Silverados, part # 88963611 still on backorder?

Thanks.

CGM

amac209
03-25-2005, 08:28 PM
i'm not sure about the backorder but gm now has a special grease kit to stop the clunking

TB55123
03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
all due respect, but GM can kiss my A## if they think I'm going to let them get by with crammin a bunch of grease in there. They need to fix it right or stay on on the da#% porch.

and the shafts still are on backorder accordining to my dealer. Get your shit together GM or Toyota and Honda are going to continue to kick your ass from here to Shanghi.

It's all about value and that means quality. What's American made a Chevy built in Canada or a Toyota built in Princeton, IN?

Moose is loose
03-25-2005, 09:58 PM
all due respect, but GM can kiss my A## if they think I'm going to let them get by with crammin a bunch of grease in there. They need to fix it right or stay on on the da#% porch.

and the shafts still are on backorder accordining to my dealer. Get your shit together GM or Toyota and Honda are going to continue to kick your ass from here to Shanghi.

It's all about value and that means quality. What's American made a Chevy built in Canada or a Toyota built in Princeton, IN?
Well said. I do believe my next truck will be a Nissan Titan. Gone are the days of the big 3 being "American made". There's more American parts in a Nissan now than a Chevy.
BTW. I had my intermediate shaft replaced about a month ago. My dealer here has an assload of them too. He "stockpiled" them last year I guess. He had 62 of them on the shelf last month. When you have that many on hand it should tell you something about GM quality;)

Faze2183
03-26-2005, 02:16 AM
most the dealers have them its just people have paid for them in advanced, and so just when u go over there to the stealership and ask ok can i pay alittle extra for one that a customer hasnt picked up yet in 3 weeks or so??? i offerd the lady 20 bucks for her pocket and shes like ok fine lol

Add your comment to this topic!