Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission? Tming Belt? What? HELP!

GMCTank
03-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok. This has been happening for two days. Tonight, I'm on the highway going 65MPH and my 95 Yukon starts "JERKING"!? It stops and then there is more jerking! What is the problem?

I hope it's not the transmission! I don't need that headache. I just had the fuel pump change and a new fuel filter too.

Helpppppppppp! :banghead:

THX

2000CAYukon
03-24-2005, 09:12 PM
No timing belts on your Yukon, only a timing chain and I doubt that is your problem. Since you just had the fuel pump and filter replaced, you should really look at the fuel pressure when the problem is happening.

Another possibility (hard to diagnose over the internet) could be the torque converter unlock/locking. Which could mean a bad converter or a bad tcc solenoid.

Check the fuel pressure first and go from there.

//2000CAYukon

GMCTank
03-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm screwed! :banghead:

I took The Tank to GMC today and they told me I need a new transmission!!!!! :banghead:

The cheapest one they have is $3900!

I'm taking it to AAMCO tomorrow.

bcopeland
03-25-2005, 09:31 PM
I think I agree with 200CAYukon. It sounds like a fuel pump to me, especially since you just had it worked on. Whenever you get that shudder all of a sudden, sounds like a fuel pump to me.

GMCTank
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I took my truck to AAMCO Transmissions. $1800 (+1 year warranty) to rebuild it.

From what I was told the transmission was jacked. Metal was blue from heat, wires were badly burnt.

I was a quart low on transmission fluid too.

I should have it back tomorrow. I was going to sell it, but I changed my mind after this.

THX for your help guys.
:ylsuper:

Bob Oney
04-15-2005, 08:56 AM
I assume by now you've done something with your transmission -- hope it wasn't too expensive. If I had seen this earlier, I would have suggested having your fuel injectors checked. I had a similar jumping, jerking behavior on my '99 Yukon about a year ago when I would accelerate heavily. Turned out 2 injectors were bad -- cost about $800 (the heads had to come off.) I thought it was the transmission going out, so I guess I got off easy.

GMCTank
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I assume by now you've done something with your transmission -- hope it wasn't too expensive. If I had seen this earlier, I would have suggested having your fuel injectors checked. I had a similar jumping, jerking behavior on my '99 Yukon about a year ago when I would accelerate heavily. Turned out 2 injectors were bad -- cost about $800 (the heads had to come off.) I thought it was the transmission going out, so I guess I got off easy.

Yeah. I got the transmission rebuilt. I haven't had anymore "jerking". Runs and shift gears better than when I first got it.

Pe@ce :ylsuper:

Add your comment to this topic!