Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Xanavi Nismo Cars

Scale-Master
03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
I am working on a GTR and a 350Z right now and must say these kits are absolutely beautiful (even though they are curbside).
The molding is exquisite and very delicate looking, and the fit (so far) is great for both the parts and the decals... Just had to share... Pictures later... - Mark

phase5
03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
yep i have to agree i have both and are fantastic also have extra photoetch for both can't wait to build them

mickbench
03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
I've just got the GTR, with the etch parts etc.. I was impressed, but I'm always impressed with Tamiya kits.. All my kits have been Tamiya..!! I don't always care they are curbside, it's the quality and fit I care about more..

RallyRaider
03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Some Tamiya kits are almost too good. :D
However they have dropped their standards lately in the accuracy department, original issues are generally spot on. But sadly the decal engineered and updated kits leave much to be desired accuracy wise.

willster127
03-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I just found the GTR special edition in Lancaster, California while ona recent business trip. One of the best hobby stores I've ever been in by the way. Freaked me out though when I got home, I lifted the lid off the box to look through the parts and could not find the carbon decal and photoetch anywhere. It took me twenty minutes to realise it was glued to the inside of the lid!!!!! LOL, That's the first place I'll check next time!

Beautiful kit though, can't wait to get started.

mickbench
03-25-2005, 01:32 PM
If it wasn't for Tamiya my hobby would be a little dull..!! I love Tamiya stuff..!! Curbside or full engine detail, paints, TS sprays, masking I've got a corner full and a hobby desk full of Tamiya kits, tools and paints..!!

If their kits are going off, then I'll just continue to buy them.. I'm sorry this might come across as narrow minded, but I just can't help looking on eBay to get Tamiya kits..

15 years ago, I built Revell, Tamiya and Airfix.. At the end I had nothing but Tamiya. I only stopped because I had to study hard to get a decent paid job.. I've got a good job, spare money so - Tamiya full on model building again.. If Tamiya stop making kits, then I will buy from ebay until I cannot buy anymore - then my hobby is either over or I hope another company "from wherever" can supply kits and masking tape = or better then Tamiya..!!

I know some kits are perhaps better then Tamiya already, but I'm hooked on Tamiya kits..!! On no.. Call the doc.. I'm going in-sane..!!

NissanS15Racer
03-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Well i have 3 Xanavi GTR's and one Xanavi Z, but i have another Z on the way, well 2 because i also ordered the Calsonic Z. Hopefully i can find time to starts these kits.

Jaymes
03-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I have to agree that Tamiya kits have more quality to them. The rims are not reused like Fujimi and the plastic they use seems to be of much higher quality

Add your comment to this topic!