Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3.8turbo? or 350chevy ?

s.pliskin
03-24-2005, 03:40 PM
ello

I have an '83 Regal that is in very solid shape, I have $300 in it, and I'm trying to make up my mind if I want to build it, using a salvaged 3.8turbo? or to use a chevy 350? I have to say I'm more particular to the 350, but, I like the thought of having a v6 in the big car that would stomp 'stangs :) however, pricing, availability is more of a factor.

I'm also curious to the price/availability of parts to replace interior parts, and items like bumper fillers that I have found on the net for 200-275 price range.

thanx for the replies

~S

PS:
what kind of rims are these?
They're what I've got on my Regal.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-1969/1967-Buick-Skylark-Convertible-Red-Black-Top-SA.htm

gnfreak
03-25-2005, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE=s.pliskin]ello

I have an '83 Regal that is in very solid shape, I have $300 in it, and I'm QUOTE]

have you considered a buick 455?? check out www.v8buick.com under the regals with extra clyinders section for all you need to know about that swap. if i remember right the Buick big block is only 60 lbs heavier than a small block Chevy. and all the v6 accessories are suppose to bolt up. that would be my first choice. second choice for keeping it cheap would probably be the 350. as much as i like the v6 you would want the 84-85 turbo setup at the very least for getting good power. 86-87 turbo setup even better. but you get into lots of sensors for either one of these. and these motors dont come cheap.

s.pliskin
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
gnfreak

I checked the tranny on my Regal, and it's a THM350, so, I do believe that going w/the 350 would be a good choice.

I just love looking under the hood of a Ttype/GN they are gorgeous when they are "shined up".

Ya don't happen to know what kinda rims those are in the link do ya?

I'm going to take some pics of the car today, so I'll post em up.

~S

PS:
Guys, plz don't flame on me for posting this junk in the GN forum, the damn Regal forum is next to dead.
:ylsuper: :evillol: :ylsuper:

gn1220
03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
The wheels in the pick are just stock Buick wheels. Probably 14x7 could be 15x7 with redline tires.

Add your comment to this topic!