Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

350Z Clone! The new G35 Coupe!

ryanjwh
03-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, not sure maybe everyone on this board already knows this, but I had no idea that the new Infiniti G35 coupe was going to be on the new Z's platform...have you guys seen pics? Here:

http://www.freshalloy.com/

Crazy...they changed the front end, the tail lights, added 2 rear seats, trimmed with some luxury, and now I bet they'll charge like 40k for it. It's a nice looking car, but is it worth the added cost over the normal Z? Hmm....to ponder.... :bandit:

-ryan.

ryanjwh
03-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Ok now I feel dumb, sorry guys, maybe I should do a search on something before I post thinking nobody knows about it. Doh!

-r.

Jay!
03-29-2002, 07:47 PM
No worries. How many cars are ending up on the "XVL" platform now? Like six? :o

2003SupraRZ
04-05-2002, 05:24 PM
its gonna cost around 30k

Zcarfan
04-07-2002, 03:33 AM
actualli I was 100% going to get the new Z, but saw the new pics of the coupe last week. My family owns a Nissan and infiniti dealer and I have a G35 sitting in my driveway right now, that I am "playing with". Lets just say I am now 60:40 for the Z, but the new coupe is gaining (I can't figure out why, but there is something really like about it as well as the Z, Nissan/infiniti have sure pulled their heads out lately!!!)

mgcatthew
04-07-2002, 07:10 PM
that is true. nissan/infinite are coming out the closet with some good models. im not sure which one to pick. but i would go with the original. coupe looks nice but the Z looks little more sharper. :bandit:

Holyterror
04-14-2002, 02:03 AM
I can't remember how many, but there are quite a few cars being built on the XVL platform. I think the upcoming Murano uses it (and steals its CVT as well), and maybe the Quest? I'm not certain, but there are quite a few. It's a good platform. I'm really thinking about starting a petition to get Nissan to make a mid-engined roadster using the XVL chassis and VG35DE. Since the majority of the parts for this car are already being made, the cost of introducing this model would be significantly lowered, and I'm betting it would be hugely successful, with tons more power than either the Miata or MR2 can put out. And it would definitely be cheaper than an S2000 or NSX (or even the anticipated SSX). They could make it a little smaller and cheaper (and less powerful) by equipping it with the QR25, which would probably put it right on the level with Miata and MR2. In any case, it would be an awesome car. I really wouldn't mind splurging for a roadster, I would just like for there to be a Nissan badge on it, if you know what I mean.

Add your comment to this topic!