Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Cobra vs 1999 Trans Am

milktasd2000
03-29-2002, 02:58 AM
If nobody remembers what I have done to my car: 3.73s, underdrives, subframes. I have never put, for some reason, that I have black "Cobra letters" in my back bumper and the Cobra grill emblem, must be good for at least 10 HP, right?
Anyways, I was about to turn into Hind's, still trying to wake up, when I see a silver 1999 Trans Am pull on to HWY 80. I said to myself,
Guess, I'll be alittle late to class."
I speed up to 40 MPH and wait for him. I look forward to make sure the way is clear and when I look in my rear view I see that the Trans Am is coming up quick. I try something different, I rev my engine before I drop it into second. I like it that way MUCH better.
By the end of second, he was even with me. I was wide awake now. I could hear is engine screaming with mine, it was beautiful. At the 6900K, I speed shifted into third and barked the tires. He was now just inching on me. Still keeping the accelerator pedal floored, I look ahead and see no traffic, wierd considering it is about 8:00. I speed shift into fourth and he has stop gaining on me and is just sitting on my front bumper. I kept going to about 120 MPH and let off, since I could see traffic ahead stopped at the light.
We ended up side by side at the light. I looked over and we each gave each other a nod. I was feeling pretty good. I had finally gone up against what was apparently a stock LS1.

Now I know people are going to start calling BS or saying I should come try them, but ,hey, this is how it happened. And if that pissed you off, this reallt will: I think if we had started side by side, I would have beat him. Or if we had started at stop. He had a head start.

Add your comment to this topic!