Help removing front bumper/replace fog light

bensonc123
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi all,

One of my fog light lenses shattered... why did Mazda make them out of glass! Anyway, I need to replace the lense but need help removing the front bumper. Can anyone help me with instructions (where the mount points/screws/etc...) or have any experience changing out the fog lamp?
Also, as a side question, where do you guys buy Mazda parts besides the dealer? They seem to charge an arm and a leg... literally! :-)

Thanks for any help!

AlohaBra
03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

One of my fog light lenses shattered... why did Mazda make them out of glass! Anyway, I need to replace the lense but need help removing the front bumper. Can anyone help me with instructions (where the mount points/screws/etc...) or have any experience changing out the fog lamp?
Also, as a side question, where do you guys buy Mazda parts besides the dealer? They seem to charge an arm and a leg... literally! :-)

Thanks for any help!

I think you can get to it by loosenig one side of llower inner fender and just one side of the bumper cover and "slipping" in that way. Just looked at mine.
I did not replace mine because they cost a hundred bucks each. This truck is the "twin" of the Ford Escape so you can try to get parts at Ford (I think the new Ford Explorer and Escape uses one like that), but I don't think it would be cheaper. I silicone glued a piece of plastic over mine and the bulb still works so it just a cosmetic issue for me. I don't think I'll change it until the bulb goes.

AlohaBra
04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
For the record, I am going to change mine right now. I ordered one from speedyauto.com for about $71 (58 plus tax and s.h.) and took it out first to check the part number.

I loosened the inner fender (LH side) and jacked car up without removing tire, however removing tire will give you more clearance. Removed most of the screws toward the front and pryed back the plastic inner fender.

Disconnect the wire and remove four black self tapping screws holding assembly in place and it will come out. Replace in reverse order. I worked from under the front bumper, by layin down.

Hope this will help anyone else with this issue.

TomV
05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I just bought my replacement lamp on ebay (seller id was symsales) for about $57.50 total. Fit perfectly. Quality looks fine. The previous instructions seem to work.

Add your comment to this topic!