Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Silverado Hood misalignment

kyslick
03-22-2005, 10:01 PM
The hood on my 05 1500 Crew is not properly aligned. Not up front by the grill, I know how to adjust that, but back by the hinges, where the hood meets up to the winshield area. The passenger side of the hood is a good .25 inch higher than it should be. It doesn't line up properly with the piece of the front quarterpanel between the hood and winshield. Hard to explain in writing, in lamen's terms, the hood's on crooked. I've had this rig in for numerous petty (pain in the a##) issues in my 3 months of ownership, and I don't know how I've not noticed it in 3 months, but I noticed it today after picking it up from having a piece of trim re-attached. The guy at the dealer is gonna be like........you again, and I really don't want to re-visit the dealer as it's quite a haul and a day of work missed to deal with them. Any insight into self adjustment is appreciated. Thanks!

BlenderWizard
03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Let your wife/girlfriend/buddy drop the truck off. Seriously, petty or not, if it's a brand new truck, I wouldn't work on anything that has something wrong with it.

kyslick
03-22-2005, 10:26 PM
On those lines, any opinions on having this type of work done at another (easier to access) dealer? I've never had a new auto before and have been trying to go my the place I bought it, but I've already wasted 3 days of my life over there and there is another Chevy dealer really near where I work that would simplify things. Any of you Chevy techs and have opinions on going to other service centers as opposed to the oe where you bought it?

silveradoman
03-23-2005, 01:14 AM
It doesn´t matter where you buy the thing, the tech guy doesn´t even know the sales guy, he doesn´t care, neither should you.

sledneck781
03-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Bring it to the GM dealership near your work and GiT Er DuN!

gremlin96
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
take it in. let them fix it. chevy needs to learn not to put out a bad product. i have a truck thay refuse to fix the motor problems on since the computer will not give out a code. but the dealer says yes there is a problem with the truck. its the bucking thay have been reporting on automaitcs. mines a stick and has the same problem.

I lost a over a weeks worth of work do to a mechs mess up. thay said it would take 3 days to repaint the door jam, that the glue thay use to reseal the door seal ate up. the gaskets took a week to get to the dealer. had a nicly repainted truck with no door seals. all thay would do is give me a pos car to drive.

Faze3
03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
take it in. let them fix it. chevy needs to learn not to put out a bad product. i have a truck thay refuse to fix the motor problems on since the computer will not give out a code. but the dealer says yes there is a problem with the truck. its the bucking thay have been reporting on automaitcs. mines a stick and has the same problem.

I lost a over a weeks worth of work do to a mechs mess up. thay said it would take 3 days to repaint the door jam, that the glue thay use to reseal the door seal ate up. the gaskets took a week to get to the dealer. had a nicly repainted truck with no door seals. all thay would do is give me a pos car to drive.

I take it you use your truck for work?

Sue 'em in small claims court for lost wages. Dunno how it is in your state, but it's $50 (I believe) in Texas to file a claim. If they fail to show, you might be looking at an automatic win.

If they're refusing to fix the engine due to the inability to get a code from the computer, and it's new, I'd persue your state's Lemon Law. Or at least threaten to do so.

I had to go that route with Dodge on a 2001 Ram 1500 that developed a stalling issue when the engine was cold. It'd stall if I put it in gear before the engine was warmed up. My truck and one other in the US (both sticks) were the only ones at the time that were doing it. I eventually threatened Lemon Law and got them to take it off my hands without having to file. Even got them to reimburse me for my exhaust system, my tint and bedliner.

Be warned: If your dealer is like my Dodge dealer was, they'll drag their a** on the buy-back. Don't expect them to go out of their way to help you in any way and expect them to be the biggest a**holes you've ever experienced.

FWIW : My Dodge wasn't throwing a code either.

gremlin96
03-25-2005, 08:45 AM
yes I was to use the truck for work, I lost the job its hard to carry 12 ft parts in a 6 ft bed. some of the places i must go a tralering is not a option. a full size truck barly makes the bends let alone truck with a extra 10 ft. hight is a problem to or i could just of used a ladder rack. my old truck lost a ladder rack and a few ladders to a tree.

in order for them to do the Lemon Law here the dealer must fill out the paper work right. thay have 6 differnt names for the same problem. yes i have talked to a lawer about it all ready. once thay just left off that thay even checked for the problem.

gm trains there sales men to cheet you. thay also train there techs wright up the paper work so its harder to get the Lemon Law on your side.

every time it rains i have problems with my abs. I have whent thru stop lights. there tech said you must of been on sand on the road. dont worry about it. its even done this in parking lots under 20 mph. thay would not put a paper trail on that problem. since then thay have had a recall on canada trucks becouse of the abs systems doing the same problem i am having.

Add your comment to this topic!