Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Battery Cables

gapboi210
03-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Turns out that damn AC/Delco battery leaked everywhere and ate my battery cables. Dealership wants $234.00 to replace the cables. Does anyone know how hard it is? Or any details I need to know on how to do it?

wymi
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Turns out that damn AC/Delco battery leaked everywhere and ate my battery cables. Dealership wants $234.00 to replace the cables. Does anyone know how hard it is? Or any details I need to know on how to do it?

I had the same problem on my 01 Malibu, the positive battery terminal leaked acid. I had a hard time getting the positive battery cable bolt out of the battery and had to replace the battery. I didn't have to replace the cables but did replace the cable bolt, it was in bad shape, all rusted and corroded. My car was actually running very strange and throwing warning lights on the dash before it died from this problem. I think if you follow the cables down to their connection points you should be able to see how to change them.

gapboi210
03-23-2005, 11:20 PM
I have been looking at it. The starter is right there so it shouldnt be too bad. Looks like there is a bunch of insulation and plastic looms and crap.

Add your comment to this topic!