Clicking Noise!

MSimpson
03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
I can hear a very discreet clicking noise coming from behind the dash. I think it's coming from the driver side but I really can't tell. I think it may be some sort of fan. Cany anybody shed some light on this for me?

94 Jimmy
03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Does the clicking change with heater fan speed? I once had a twig or something in my heater what did that until it broke off or whatever.
Is it vehicle speed related, again I once had a dry spedo cable that would bind and snap, try some WD40 to clean it up then some spedo cable lube. I believe you can get at the cable from under the hood where it enters the cruse control unit.
Good luck, this is a strange one, let us know what you find.

BlazerLT
03-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Does it only do it when the engine is cold?

Ever done a tuneup?

94 Jimmy
03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
It's me again, and a similar thing happened to me the other day. I have electric seats in my 94 and I like to rest my left leg back against the front of the seat. On the models equiped with electric seats the adjustments are on the front of the seat and my leg bumped one of the buttons. I normally like to leave my seat back and down so there was no movement just the motor hitting the stop.
It produced a rythmic thumping sound like something was hitting the firewall. I thought that it was something in the tire hitting the inside of the wheel well, as I pulled over and readjusted myself in the seat it went away. It happened again when I was stopped and I was able to figure it out without all the road noise.
If you have electric seats try moving the switches to see if any of the adjustments are at their limits, perhaps that's your problem
Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!