Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

location of pressure control solenoid

JoshuaS99
03-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I have a 99 LeSabre which is often shuddering on acceleration. From what I've read and been able to diagnose I suspect it's the pressure control solenoid.

Were is this component located and, if you know, what does it look like? Is there a way to test it?

I am experienced in working on cars and trucks, just not this particular one and I don't want to buy a shop manual for this isolated job.

Thank you,
Josh

BNaylor
03-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I have a 99 LeSabre which is often shuddering on acceleration. From what I've read and been able to diagnose I suspect it's the pressure control solenoid.

Were is this component located and, if you know, what does it look like? Is there a way to test it?

I am experienced in working on cars and trucks, just not this particular one and I don't want to buy a shop manual for this isolated job.

Thank you,
Josh

I'm assuming your '99 LeSabre has the GM 4T65-E tranny. If so, the PCS is located on the driver's side of the transmission underneath the side cover assembly. If you look down you will see the 20 way electrical connector (gray color). Additionally the TCC solenoid/valve assembly is located there too. It could be the PCS but you could have a torque convertor problem too. How are the upshifts and downshifts?

'01 Regal GS, '99 Regal LS & '97 GTP

auto trainy
03-23-2005, 06:56 PM
My 98 olds has the same intermittant shuttering and my upshifting is a little harsh when is warmed up after highway runs,any other time its fine but I sure would like to get that shuttering to vanish.I have two 95 olds with twice the mileage and there fine ,is this a different trans?

Add your comment to this topic!