Nissian sport coupe

Dreamspawn
03-21-2005, 01:32 PM
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2005@$Nissan@$Sport%20Conceptx.html

what do u all think one of the interior shots says PSI so that means turbo. Sr20det maybe.

VAD0R
03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
It looks awsome, the front is almost like a mini version of the 2005 Skyline concept.

Perhaps if something like this is sold in the States it would give a wake up call to Ford to get the Cosworth Focus RS hear as well or perhaps they can send it over as a Mazdaspeed3. :evillol:

This car, if ever put into production, would make great competition for the proposed 2006 Civic Si.

Dreamspawn
03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
That is there plan is for this car to take on the civic so i'd say this is one of those concepts that would expect to see in production.

VAD0R
03-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Since you said it might be equipped with a turbocharged SRD20 all it needs is AWD and it has every qualification to participate in the WRC.

In other words this can mean the return of Nissan thus a much needed extra manufacturer to the WRC and the return of the GTiR. Unless Peugot has something to say about it. But then again parent company Renault lets Peugot compete so some more inside competition won't hurt anybody, too much.

If it is FWD though on the bright side it would provide much better competition for the Neon SRT-4 even though people are now speculating that Dodge is not going to keep the Neon for long and replace it with the Caliber by at least summer, which has AWD.

I wonder how a standardized four door of that Nissan would look like? It does also look like a much needed replacement for the Sentra, which is about time. :icon16:

I also concure with one of the replies to the article that the back and the overal shape up to the front is like a 206, which is not nessisarily a bad thing. Does that mean we will see Peugots rebadges as Nissans in the States in the future?

Stay Tuned

Add your comment to this topic!