Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

instrument panel help!

anunseenhope
03-21-2005, 03:33 AM
hey, i have brand new silverado... and my intrument panel lights went out, the computer reading, oil check and everything else still light up, just not the lights behind the guages and the lights behind my climate control. can someone PLEASE HELP!!! i've done searches and searches, no one has an answer.

also another question... what fuse is responsible for the instrument panel lighting? and what is the ECC fuse in the fuse panel for?

rrousou
03-24-2005, 07:59 PM
If its brand new, why not take it to the dealer for warranty?

bignig500
10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I have a 2000 silverado and mine did the same. NO dash lights but my headlights stayed on regardless. Some people told me it was my my headlght switch that you can manually turn them on or off. I had it cheack but it was fine. So I ended up wiring up my dash lights on a different switch.

jdmccright
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree...take it to the dealer under warranty. Problems like these have to be reported quickly so that any issues with quality can be tracked.

That being said, if all the dash lights go out (instrument panel, radio, A/C) the problem likely is the dash light dimmer/dome light switch. If it is just the instrument panel, then there is a bad contact or ground.

j cAT
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I agree...take it to the dealer under warranty. Problems like these have to be reported quickly so that any issues with quality can be tracked.

That being said, if all the dash lights go out (instrument panel, radio, A/C) the problem likely is the dash light dimmer/dome light switch. If it is just the instrument panel, then there is a bad contact or ground.

yo this post is 3years old....not only that he never had the courtesy to state how it was resolved.......

Add your comment to this topic!