Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need suggestions

Dornracing
03-20-2005, 07:06 PM
just looking for advice... my sister races at bandimere she has for 3 years now her first car was an 84 c4 vette it ran14's then she moved to an 89 firebird formula only ran 17's but she won several times...it consistancy in brackett racing..now for the 05 season she is running a 74 stingray should run 12's ...she wants to make this her career and would like to get sponsorships..ect...any advice would be awesome...she has a web page...it is dinky but it is a start if you want to look and give suggestions
thanks a bunch
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/rhuesracing/index.html

JekylandHyde
03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
I write a monthly column for a newspaper and last month I wrote about sponsorship.
I have been very fortunate this past year as I have picked up a lot of sponsors.

You can read the column here:
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/columnsponsor.htm

I'll gladly answer any questions you may have.
Good luck to your sister.

Dornracing
03-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Right on thank you so much!!!i am sure i will have question soon..did ya see the site what do you think about the stats???

JekylandHyde
03-21-2005, 09:43 PM
What stats are you talking about? ... the ETs?
The Firebird time seems very off to me.
Are all of these cars automatic or just the Vettes?
I would list the mphs for the 1/4 miles and maybe even the 60' times.

**side note, there is something wrong with the display of the images on the page.
The photo of your sister and the 84 Vetter are squished. Something is wrong with the coding.
If you just look at her photo:
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/rhuesracing/scan0003.jpg
It looks very different than it does on the actual page.

Dornracing
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
ya i know about the picws i can change that..and i will...but i mean her wins...i thinks she is sponsor worthy...ya the firebird was rally slow... we fixed that and got her that stingray 406 supercharge small block...lots better then that firebird...the blue vette she was running was actually her step fathers or my dads...she just got into this like 3 years ago and she is only 20....i will have to get her time slips for the 60ft stats...

OK I FIXED THE PAGE...THANKS

JekylandHyde
03-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Wins are great, but more important to a sponsor is how many eyes see the car.

It may be more important to a sponsor if you take 5th place at a national event where there are thousands of people; rather than winning a local event where there is only a couple of hundred people hanging out.

Always look at it from the sponsors perspective. Who is their audience? Who do they want to see your car? Are people with $$ to spend going to shop at your sponsor?

Whenever I cam, I encourage people to buy from my sponsors and let the sponsor know I sent them. I also try to submit photos and videos to sponsors so they can see (a) theit name on the car and (b) people from the public viewing the car.
These photos and videos are worth much more if they are taking by a 3rd party (Magazines, TV, etc..)

Dornracing
03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
she is at and races every big or national event at bandimere she basically lives at bandimere starting april7th to october...friday thrugh sunday...for the big nhra events ect...she even travels to other speedways...so i think we have that covered...she is on... not just the website i made but several others for example the local rock station(kbpi)...and a magazine site (Fast autos.com)...plus she has been in the rocky mountain news several times among other local papers...so i gues we just need to go out there and get the sponsors...

Add your comment to this topic!