Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio Fuzzies

radchad3
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone, I am a newcomer to the forum, but have already had one problem fixed via the experts here so I thought I would try another for you all who are interested!! I have a 1990 Lesabre and for the last 12 months or so I have had my right rear speaker go crazy on me. First it would play music fine and then start to get a little fuzzy sounding then die altogether for a few seconds only to come back to life. The bass would then diminish a little like it was shorting out or something. I was sure that I had blown a speaker but I switched the backs around as well as try the speaker in another car. The speaker works great when switched out, but when I put another speaker in the right rear it acts the same as the original. Tried pulling the radio deck out, (stock with cassette player) and did not see anything suspicious. Any help would be much appreciated as I drive 6 hours every couple of weeks to see my lady, AND I get tired of hearing the annoying fuzz sound!!

Thanks!! Chad

wrightz28
03-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Sounds like the fade/balance function is on the twitch. Have the same problame every once in a while. I just move the fade/bal. setting back and forth and it's fine for a month or two then does it agian. It is the head unit.

Add your comment to this topic!