Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Malibu/Maxx Restyled for '06

wpbharry
03-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Here's what we've been praying for, although, it could have been better. But, it could have been worse. At least they listened to criticisms, for a change (thanks, e2 :smile: )

Here goes, fasten the seatbelts:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Articles/articleId=105126

e2helper
03-19-2005, 10:38 PM
I have been waiting for some public info but this is pretty skimpy - but thx for finding it Harry

igkyoa
03-20-2005, 12:22 AM
i think it looks a lot better then the 05' model but still not as good as the 97 - 03 malibu :disappoin

03ls
03-20-2005, 09:33 AM
That style looks pretty sweet, now they need to do something preformance-wise so that the Malibu and Malibu MAXX can live up to the SS name.

e2helper
03-20-2005, 06:02 PM
OK here is more in-depth article
http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14136

wpbharry
03-21-2005, 12:03 PM
At the risk of violating an Automotive Forums rule, yeah, I knew about the Cheers and Gears info, but thought I'd take a "wait and see" approach. Not sure how they got advance approval to release this (NY Show press preview days are Wed. & Thurs. this week), but I'm not asking questions.

There are articles all over the Web at this point, but C&G has the actual press release.

I thought "rumor" had it that the center stack was to be revised. Looks the same to me. ???

I'm now of the opinion that these SS versions should have been LTZs, but that's just my $0.02.....

e2helper
03-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Oh,
Was I not supposed to post that link? LOL

No, the center stack is pretty much the same. I think there is something minor going on with the appearance of the radio and HVAC controls but it doesn't show up in photos posted so I will "wait and see".

I also noticed an error on the type of HVAC controls shown in the photos but will also "wait and see" on that.

I believe you will see that other designator, Harry but not for this model.

wpbharry
03-22-2005, 12:30 PM
We all already know that the '06 Impala and Monte Carlo get "LTZ" designators for '06. My point here, which is a subject of heated debate elsewhere is that "Is the 3900 really enough stuff for SS models? Or, is the SS designator being cheapened?" You should see the chops of Aveo SSs on other sites. Tongue-in-cheek, of course.

l3adMonky
03-23-2005, 12:56 AM
to be blunt. i don't like the style. like one post said, its okay but i prefer the 97-03 body style. i mean alot of cars these days have the sharp edges and are somewhat boxy, but not really but i really don't like this new body style at all. i like the way the cobalt lo0ks. something like that might have been better or even the malibu prototype would have been nice. it's great to see that they upped the specs on the engine, suspension, and such though so for that i'm grateful. it also would be nice to see some sort of force induction to0 but not all dreams can come true.

Add your comment to this topic!