Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ever tryed a 5.7 HEMI ?

deadring
03-19-2005, 02:08 PM
hey guys, i was leased by the compagny a dodge durango limited 2004 with a hemi in it...now being alone and being a bit speed-a-holic i HAD to try it out .. and in every possible way.. now having a 350 C.I V8 ( for those who dont know, 5.7 L = 5700 CC = 350 C.U in displacement :P ) with 330 HP i thought this thing must fly like hell...

well at the firt sigh of tarmac, on the four wheel i floor the sucker, and kep the pedal there... and then it happened, i asked myself " hey, where are the ponies???"

this thing ain't that powerful, dont get me wrong, it moves! but i could kill it from a stop with my 92 PA SC i got back yesterday (i was there a month) and the first thing i did was get in my park and floored it to see..

must be the drive train and the weight thats killing the performance.

this is nothing like the commercial where they got a dodge RAM with a hemi thats faster than a sport car...

but i must say that in a 300 or a magnum, this thing must pull..

btw, i am not a chrysler enthousiast in any way.. just making a statement here :sly:

cheers!

Deadring

GTP Dad
03-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I drove a Magnum with a Hemi in it and it really screamed. Great acceleration and the 0-60 time seemed awful fast. I was also impressed with the click change shifter.

volkerc
03-20-2005, 04:13 AM
hey guys, i was leased by the compagny a dodge durango limited 2004 with a hemi in it...now being alone and being a bit speed-a-holic i HAD to try it out .. and in every possible way.. now having a 350 C.I V8 ( for those who dont know, 5.7 L = 5700 CC = 350 C.U in displacement :P ) with 330 HP i thought this thing must fly like hell...

well at the firt sigh of tarmac, on the four wheel i floor the sucker, and kep the pedal there... and then it happened, i asked myself " hey, where are the ponies???"

this thing ain't that powerful, dont get me wrong, it moves! but i could kill it from a stop with my 92 PA SC i got back yesterday (i was there a month) and the first thing i did was get in my park and floored it to see..

must be the drive train and the weight thats killing the performance.

this is nothing like the commercial where they got a dodge RAM with a hemi thats faster than a sport car...

but i must say that in a 300 or a magnum, this thing must pull..

btw, i am not a chrysler enthousiast in any way.. just making a statement here :sly:

cheers!

Deadring
I sold those, and in previous years they already had 290 hp, now you drove a 4 wheel drive which is the heaviest of all Durangos, 40 horse more don't make a lot of difference, if you want to see how fast you can go in a truck, try a Dakota R/t and you will piss in your pants how brutal that sucker is....

ChrisNJ
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it's pretty amazing how fast our PA ultras are. I've owned a ton of cars from 8.1 burbs to civics, to gto's and I just love the blown PA. I had a 91? and left them for a while, now i'm back and both my wife and I have them, and I can't find much nicer/bigger/faster/smother for the bucks. My favorite is probably the deville dts but I can't drive one as I'm in sales and its just too much. I'm gonna miss the PA as I hear there gone next year.

Add your comment to this topic!