Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1989 Audi 90

jarnkm
03-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I just inherited this car, with a butchered up wiring harness in the engine compartment. A vandal could not have done any better. Anyone know a source for free wiring diagrams for Audis? I have quite a few but not for this series.

Thanks!!

graymarki
03-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I just inherited this car, with a butchered up wiring harness in the engine compartment. A vandal could not have done any better. Anyone know a source for free wiring diagrams for Audis? I have quite a few but not for this series.

Thanks!!
I've been working on audi's for quite a few years and unfortunately there are no free wiring diagrams available, especially for the model 80, 90 series. Do not consider yourself luckey by inheriting this car, they are one of the most difficult to diagnose, even their mechanics will shy away from these cars. They only source that I know of is the Audi Repair Manual for the 80/90 series by Bentley. I would check either eBay or Amazon. The list for $90 to $120. I purchased mine used on eBay for $75 and found it very useful. They reason for the lack of support on these models, is they didn't make many of them, and the problems that Audi had with them. My son has a 1992 Audi 80 5 cyl. with 203,000k that I maintain and i'm forever doing something to that car to keep it going. before this car, he had 2 Audi 80 4 cyl's a five speed and the other an automatic. If your's is an automatic, be absolutely certain that you change the tranny fluid, as these are problematic transmissions. Here is a site that might be helpful.http://www.audi80pages.com/

Good Luck!

jarnkm
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Graymarki....Your reply is appreciated and rather as I expected. My old 5000S is automatic and I went through it twice. I parked it 3 years ago after it started slipping again. Gear oil in the tranny! If I get this one wired and running...it'll probably become a "marketable item". You'd think commonly occuring problems could be more readily attended to by the factory.

Thanks again!

larrydurkin
09-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Hi

Not sure if you're interested but I've just retired my 1989 Audi 90. Terrific parts car

Larry

Add your comment to this topic!