The death of a Viper.

SkylineUSA
03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
We have the technology, we can rebuild her? Well maybe not.

www.car-audio.net/viper/

TatII
03-28-2002, 01:32 AM
that guys lucky to have survived a crash like that in a convertable.

Da Hawxxx
03-28-2002, 07:11 AM
indeed........

Gonthrax
03-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Wow, that is one horrific crash... Unfortinatly the guy probly brought it upon himself (Or herself... perhaps :D) I hate to lay down stereotypes but around here, the only people I see in vipers are middle aged men who have no idea how to drive :( Why can't they just drive 'lacks and leave their vipers to me:confused: :rolleyes:

nittanys1
03-28-2002, 12:06 PM
Why in the hell would you want to rebuild that, its NEVER going to ride the way it did EVER again

Gonthrax
03-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by nittanys1
Why in the hell would you want to rebuild that, its NEVER going to ride the way it did EVER again

Me thinks he was paraphrasing Dogma "She has the technology, she can make you better" :rolleyes:

SkylineUSA
03-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Actually, it was from "The Six Million Dollar Man", but I guess most of you were not born in that era, so I guess DOGMA will work. Good catch Gonthrax.

nittanys1
03-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Gonthrax

Me thinks he was paraphrasing Dogma "She has the technology, she can make you better" :rolleyes:

ic man that movie sure is WEIRD, good but WEIRD:alien2: :grey: :silly:

RazorGTR
03-28-2002, 03:56 PM
That dude is lucky to be alive! It took a while to go through all the pics but hells bells that viper is totalled.

yes it is an RT/10 or was.

96SEChick
03-28-2002, 10:36 PM
I was soooooo surprised to see the driver and the passenger get out of there alive. The roll bar definitely saved their lives. I don't think they had the targa top on either--that extra 2-3 inches above their heads probably would have crushed their skulls. I'm just so surprised that sliding upside down didn't just shear their skulls off. It is so amazing.

I wonder how fast they were going when they lost control.

wellsit
03-29-2002, 01:35 PM
Poor Viper :crying:

NSX-R-SSJ20K
03-29-2002, 02:05 PM
one less viper to worry about but damn the guts of that car is all over the place i'm surprised he lived its upside down :eek:

crazy_canuck
03-29-2002, 09:56 PM
ouch!
Those are a lot of pics. I can't believe the guy is not dead

BTW Gonthrax, I know where that monster under your name is from. Post the full pic, it's funny:D :D :D

96SEChick
03-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by crazy_canuck BTW Gonthrax, I know where that monster under your name is from. Post the full pic, it's funny:D :D :D

Please think of the kittens! lol

Viper 10
03-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Before you guys go and stereotype this guy, why don't you find out the real story behind the accident? From what I understand this guy was avoiding a collision with another car when he lost control of the Snake (in other words it was not his fault).

Point 2, did you realize that Vipers are approved to run in the 165 mph class without a roll bar at open road races like the Silver State Challenge and the Pony Express? It's because they are over-designed and safe.

I do agree that he was very fortunate that he did not pay more dearly for this accident. You wonder why many stereotype people that drive certain cars, well here is a perfect example. You live and die by the sword that you use.

No flames please, I am just trying to clarify what you are seeing in these pictures.

Brad

SkylineUSA
03-30-2002, 07:48 AM
Anyone who runs any car in a race that is approved go 165mph and does not have a roll bar, has some way bigger nads than I have:D

Brad,

Is that your Blue Viper? That picture sure is a contradiction. Viper with a slow sign in the background, very good picture.

Viper 10
03-30-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SkylineUSA
Brad,

Is that your Blue Viper? That picture sure is a contradiction. Viper with a slow sign in the background, very good picture.

Skyline:

Yes that is my GTS Coupe, and that sign is right in front of my house. I think that many find this pic to be entertaining because of the contradictory nature.

FYI, the stock Vipers run to speeds of 190+ mph at these open road races. Modified ones are running into the 220+ mph speeds. Now that take nads!

Be safe out there.

Brad

BrownKiler
04-06-2002, 01:55 AM
Actually, I saw the post on the Viper forums where the owner of the car described what happened. He wasn't going all that fast (around 70mph) and clipped a curb where he was approaching a lane change on an expressway. That was enough to destabilize the car and it ended up spinning, hitting the divider, spinning the other way, then flipping over (with some other stuff in between, don't remember all the details). It was just a moment's inattention in an everyday driving situation, not going insanely fast or doing anything reckless.

I'm sure there have been cases of people driving stupidly in Vipers (as well as many other performance cars), but this wasn't one of them.

--Jason

threethirteen
04-06-2002, 04:46 PM
well...it can be done. i wouldnt count on it taking much less than a year...and thats if its an everyday project. by the way it landed it seems that the engine might not be in too bad shape...but then again, things happen..the body is going to have to go...plan on buying a new one. if there's any good i can see in it..the frame is salvageable...

that sucks...something no one likes to see...

btw..how did you get the close pics at the scene?

maceez13
04-12-2002, 09:47 PM
i wouldnt even bother trying

Sci-Fi
04-20-2002, 04:22 AM
Wow..what an accident. Glad they came out ok. Viper is totaled though, not worth trying to rebuild it.

Shaitan
06-06-2002, 12:21 PM
damn!! what a shame.......really tragic to see a car that beautiful in peaces.....breaks my heart:( :( :cry: :cry:

NaWSSs
10-20-2002, 08:37 AM
where'd the host go? :eek:

jsb88
10-31-2002, 10:10 AM
In a magazine of my sons there is a man who had his hand out of the sunroof when his car rolled...

and there is a photo of it!:bloated: :alien2: apuke::frog:

it was disgusting! The magazine was FHM i think.

Add your comment to this topic!