Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

About to bulid a new system

Integra4200
03-18-2005, 12:02 AM
well my freakin car got broken into on sunday night... :-( my JVC deck got stolen... that deck was great. im planning on buying a new one in a week or two. its 245 on allcarstereo.com. after that im gonna replace all my wiring the big 3 and get a new amp wiring kit. i want a 2 gauge im thinkin. next i want to get new sub/amp when i had my shit hooked up it wasnt hittin hard enough for me i jus got used to it i guess. i will prolly spend around 1500 for sub/amp. the lower the better. the less money just means i can get it sooner. so im looking for suggestions on wut sub/amp. im not worried about the size box it will require i have all the size in the world. i plan on buliding my own box for the sub i get. i want it to get really loud but still sound good. i'd prolly go a little more towards sounding good then being really loud. i'd like to get 1 12. so yea either msg me on aim or post msgs here on wut u would suggest... thanks

ngsm13
03-18-2005, 12:31 AM
It's a little bit more, but I have an Alpine 9835 i'd sell you for $320+ actual shipping. MUCH superior unit to the JVC, EXCELLENT display...top of alpine's 2004 line! peace

NG

bjboertje
03-18-2005, 12:12 PM
yeah

ngsm13
03-18-2005, 12:23 PM
yeah

That was certainly useless...;) :)

LMK what you think about the Alpine Integra...

NG

Integra4200
03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
umm i was lookin for advice on sub/amp setup for around 1000. not really lookin to get a different deck. i liked my JVC and plan on gettin the same one... but im gonna check out that alpine. any one got any useful comments?

Integra4200
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
i've been lookin at the 12XXX i've heard all good things about it too. how much is it? do they ship to anywhere in the U.S.? wut size box are best for them? also i was wondering how you tune a box. i've heard about people tunning there box but never known how they do it..

germanyt
03-18-2005, 02:46 PM
JL 12w7 or mtx thunder 9512

CBFryman
03-18-2005, 06:04 PM
LOL... screw da dub7...cost too much.
Call RE for direct pricing on the XXX12.
look at...
RE XXX
Adire Tumult
RE SX
Ascendant Avalanche
Incriminator Audio DP
DD 9500

and remember, get the biggest woofer you can fit and spare the space for. The myth that 12's and 10's sound tighter than 15's or even 18's is exactly that, a myth. there is no truth to it except for when talking about weak drivers with weak motors and loose suspensions...aka crappy main stream stuff where the company says small sealed is best for getting loud...
as far as amps....
Zapco
Arc
USA
TruTech
Cadence
JL (if you can find a good deal)
eD
Hifonics (good for the money)
Pheonix Gold
etc...
we only go through this once a week....

ponchonutty
03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
look at...
RE XXX
Adire Tumult
RE SX
Ascendant Avalanche
Incriminator Audio DP
DD 9500

and remember, get the biggest woofer you can fit and spare the space for. The myth that 12's and 10's sound tighter than 15's or even 18's is exactly that, a myth. there is no truth to it except for when talking about weak drivers with weak motors and loose suspensions...aka crappy main stream stuff where the company says small sealed is best for getting loud...
as far as amps....
Zapco
Arc
USA
TruTech
Cadence
eD
Pheonix Gold
etc...

How much is RE paying you?

ngsm13
03-20-2005, 03:43 AM
How much is RE paying you?

Absolutely nothing...

As opposed to YOU whoring out ONLY the stuff you sell as a dealer... :rolleyes:

NG

Integra4200
03-20-2005, 04:04 PM
look at...
RE XXX
Adire Tumult
RE SX
Ascendant Avalanche
Incriminator Audio DP
DD 9500

as far as amps....
Zapco
Arc
USA
TruTech
Cadence
eD
Pheonix Gold
etc...

can i get some links to the best sites to buy some of these amps? anyone have any idea how much the XXX12 is? i dont really want to call them cus i wont have the money for a few more weeks anyways. im just lookin for a around price. i dont want to spend more then 400 or 500 on my sub. so if its more then that im going to look at something else.

ponchonutty
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Absolutely nothing...

As opposed to YOU whoring out ONLY the stuff you sell as a dealer... :rolleyes:

NG

Can't CB answer the question? Yes, I do own my own bizz but I recomend what I know and have used unlike your punk ass. I know how it was when I was 20. I knew absolutely everything. Trust me, I've forgotten more about audio than you'll ever know. Yep, I don't forget much either :loser:

ngsm13
03-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Can't CB answer the question? Yes, I do own my own bizz but I recomend what I know and have used unlike your punk ass. I know how it was when I was 20. I knew absolutely everything. Trust me, I've forgotten more about audio than you'll ever know. Yep, I don't forget much either :loser:

LMFAO, I'm one of the most knowledgeable members this board has to offer. Quiz me any day you like! :nono:

I've owned A LOT of stuff, so don't go assuming Mr. Ignorant. My comment wasn't meant to start a fight, just an equally smartass comment in reply to you initial ignorant/smart ass comment. But, In all honesty... I kind of understand where that comment comes into play for the particular person...especially when speaking of true experience with products. So, instead of coming to ignorant comments about my "punk ass" why don't you conduct yourself a little more "BiZZ-ness" like. peace

NG

CBFryman
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Hmmm....i wish RE was paying me...i wish i was paid to use RE's products...but im not...unlike some people on this board...and WTF was that comment for...he asked how much it was for the XXX12...i said call for direct pricing.
then i went on to list some of the top woofers IMO that i have had great experences with or have heard wonderful things about from respectible people like ngsm13...though he can be and ass i highly doubt you know more than he does....let alone you forgeting more than he knows... hell you dont know much more than me and im only 15....

as for the links...
Onlinecarstereo.com and Sounddomain.com sell Hifonics, JL, and Pheonix Gold... as for the Rest.... google is your friend...

CBFryman
03-21-2005, 05:41 PM
oh, as for tuning... there is a long formula to calulate port length. the smaller the box, the larger the port cross section, and the lower the tuning all make the port longer.
But really just use WinISD...tell it what size port you are going to use and enter in the net volume and the desired tuning and it will tell you how long you need to make it...if you need a link to WinISD download i will actually go seaching for that one...though you could just google it as well.

Integra4200
03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
right on. any chance does that program figure out cubic volume to if u put in the measurments... im lazy. that link would b great

ngsm13
03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
right on. any chance does that program figure out cubic volume to if u put in the measurments... im lazy. that link would b great

Yes, if you're lucky enough to have BassBox Pro 6 like i do ;)

NG

Integra4200
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
is that a free download from a website or do u gotta buy it?

ngsm13
03-22-2005, 12:42 AM
is that a free download from a website or do u gotta buy it?

It's a buy type deal...GREAT program...paid a pretty penny for it. That's why I charge a tiny bit of money to make it worth my while/ pay for program when I design boxes. peace

NG

85GSi
03-22-2005, 02:31 AM
These programs might be useful http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php can calculate measurements for vented, bandpass and sealed enclosures.

ponchonutty
03-22-2005, 06:45 AM
These programs might be useful http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php can calculate measurements for vented, bandpass and sealed enclosures.
Well, that will work OK for most of the DIY. My software you can go a little further for custom applications.

Integra4200
03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
thanks im gonna mess around with that program for a while...

Integra4200
03-22-2005, 11:58 PM
anyone have any comments on the
IDMAX12 - Image Dynamics 12". it sells for $330.00. thats right in my price range. are there any better subs around for the same price?

Add your comment to this topic!