My floor mats and floor get wet when it rains... why?

FenixDown
03-17-2005, 02:52 AM
This HAS to be the weirdest question ever... but I'm really confused. Anyways...

For some reason, the floormats and floor board get wet when it rains. Its really weird cuz when I'm inside the car while its raining, there aren't any leaks. Alse nothing else (seats, steering wheel, shifter, etc.) gets wet. Anyone have any idea whats goin on? Oh and it isn't from my feet... the floor mats are way to wet for it to be that...

knorwj
03-17-2005, 06:45 AM
could be condensation. My integra gets very very very bad condensation on the inside all winter long and whenever it rains.

whtteg
03-17-2005, 04:01 PM
It could be the winshield leaking and the water is running down behind the dash where you can't see it.Try looking under the dash when it is wet and see how high the wet spots go up, it will most likely be on the firewall.

Si Integra
03-18-2005, 12:40 PM
I am assuming you have a 90-93 DA integra. If so there were a lot of problems with leaking from the cowl. if you remove the cowl from your outer widshield it will unveil another cowl, there is a set of these white rings that are supposed to seal the water out in that are, they give way after years and start to allow water in. I had this problem in my DA and it took me months to figure out. The fix was less than 10.00 and only took a minimal amount of time. The best thing to do is start there, otherwise i would suggest checking the sunroof drains for a clog or crack.
I hope that is of some help.

FenixDown
03-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think its condesation because it isn't ever foggy on the windows and the floor is the only thing that gets wet. The seats and other cloth stuff is bone dry. *shrug*

oh and I have a 94 without a sunroof, btw.

Si Integra
03-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Aghh, not sure then. I would have to agree with whtteg then; check your windshield seal.

Xesss
03-18-2005, 08:40 PM
i also a 94 integra and i have the same problem here but i have a sunroof. still dont kno the cuzz of the leak is so i try not to drive when it rain.

Si Integra
03-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Judging by the area and amount of the water leak, i would still say it has something to do with the hood cowl being sealed properly. I think it is worth your time to atleast check it out.

whtteg
03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Judging by the area and amount of the water leak, i would still say it has something to do with the hood cowl being sealed properly. I think it is worth your time to atleast check it out.

Agreed it really sounds like it is something along the bottom of the windshield or hood cowl, unless you have some kind of hole in the floor board lol.

rginter
03-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Try this. http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/interior/15.html I have a similar problem but I haven't tried this yet, but I ordered the parts.

IntegrityCaptain90
05-25-2006, 09:27 AM
hows it goin' my 90 teg' leaks passenger side i thought becuase heater core but it just might be the windshield

LoJo
05-25-2006, 01:24 PM
lol i just wanted to say thanks a lot b/c i've had the same prob and just assumed that there was a hole somewhere or something i didn't realize that this was a common problem..so thank youuu!!
:grinyes:

WReX
05-28-2006, 12:16 AM
and thank you for reviving dead threads...

Add your comment to this topic!