Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Spewing by the quart

92Jimmy
03-16-2005, 02:02 AM
It takes me 4 quarts to make it 5 miles - I was leaving west virginia university for dayton, oh when i noticed my oil gauge blinking - i put it in neutral, shut it off and rolled to a gas station (lucky). i bought 12 quarts of oil and used all of it to make it 15 miles back to my friends apt. i saw a similar previous post but there was no listing of the outcome.

do you think the block is cracked? she runs strong and healthy. sending unit? oil lines? whos had a similar problem? please help - i gotta fix this one myself. it costed me a $64 bus-ticket and 21 hours (rediculous delays) of my life on a greyhound to make it back to dayton.

rlith
03-16-2005, 07:48 AM
more than likely you blew the remote oil cooler lines. Do you see where it's coming out? STOP DRIVING IT!

92Jimmy
03-16-2005, 10:22 AM
more than likely you blew the remote oil cooler lines. Do you see where it's coming out? STOP DRIVING IT!

Its too hard to tell where its coming from without being able to put it up to get under it - the oil seems to be pouring out all around the pan. Ive definitely quit driving it for the time being. are the remote cooler lines different from the remote oil filter access lines? if so, where are they? Thanks for the reply rlith -

BlazerLT
03-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Its too hard to tell where its coming from without being able to put it up to get under it - the oil seems to be pouring out all around the pan. Ive definitely quit driving it for the time being. are the remote cooler lines different from the remote oil filter access lines? if so, where are they? Thanks for the reply rlith -

You need to stop asking questions that you can answer by getting out of in front of the computer and getting under your truck and look for yourself.

92Jimmy
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM
You need to stop asking questions that you can answer by getting out of in front of the computer and getting under your truck and look for yourself.

Ill be taking a bus back to West Virgina next week to look under my car and work on it. Im just trying to get an idea of where I can find the oil cooler lines. BlazerLT, or anybody, can you help me with this one.
thanks guys

BlazerLT
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
The oil cooler lines run from the front remote oil filter assembly to the oil filter adapter on the driver's side of the block.

goinbig
03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
if it's the oil cooler lines, and they're leaking that bad...you'll find out real fast where they are when you look under there.

It doesn't matter if you know where stuff is, you just need to look under there and find out EXACTLY where it's leaking.

It should be easy if that much is pouring out.

b33182
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
if it's the oil cooler lines, and they're leaking that bad...you'll find out real fast where they are when you look under there.

It doesn't matter if you know where stuff is, you just need to look under there and find out EXACTLY where it's leaking.

It should be easy if that much is pouring out.
it sounds like you blew out yor rear main seal look where the tranny and block mate

Add your comment to this topic!