Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

for the mods

91p10nizmo
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi
How come when i do a search through the old threads all the pics are gone and it just comes up as red Xs in boxes? ive found some old threads that could help me so i have a look and no pics.

Thanks
Nathan

RallyRaider
03-15-2005, 11:41 PM
The internet is a dynamic thing. Those broken links are to pictures that are no longer on line. Most of the pics hosted on AF should still be working (the exception are those from the brief period we had those annoying attachment buttons). However, pictures and files hosted externally are not under AF control in any way. When the pic moves, all you see is a red x. Nothing much we can do about it, it's up to the individual who hosted and posted the images in the first place.

hirofkd
03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Perhaps, you might want to send a private mail to the poster with the link to the page and politely asking to fix the broken links.

If that happens to be my post, I'll be glad to restore images.

Ferrari TR
03-17-2005, 12:23 AM
A sticky at the top might help.
A polite prod for some 'spring' cleaning.
The 'meets' are the most obvious place that comes to mind.

Just a suggestion...

:p

Igovert500
03-17-2005, 11:00 AM
As far as stickies and spring cleaning, you may want to PM the mod(s) who deal specifically with your section of AF...if you scroll to the bottom right of a section (where all the posts are listed) it says who that region's mods are. They will be quite happy to listen to your specific suggestions.

RallyRaider
03-17-2005, 05:27 PM
As far as stickies and what not are concerned, we can't even get certain people to take the time to post coherently, what chance they'll keep their pictures current? As Hiro suggents, PM the member, they may be able to help you out.

Add your comment to this topic!