Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please, please don't laugh....

tarabull
03-15-2005, 04:31 PM
How the hell do I open my fuel door???

Hey, and while ur laughing, what is the average MPG for an 88 non-turbo?

rendertrust
03-15-2005, 04:51 PM
its ok, my dad didnt know how to do it on my z32, he still pops the trunk instead of fuel door ... on mine its on the left of the drivers seat on the floor, a lever ... just wait till those z31 drivers are on they'll tell you in case im wrong

tarabull
03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
ah-ha, push down for gas tank, lift up for trunk... the little plastic cover isn't on the lever any more....
Thanks!

k3smostwanted
03-15-2005, 05:10 PM
ah-ha, push down for gas tank, lift up for trunk... the little plastic cover isn't on the lever any more....
Thanks!

yep, you got it...and right off the lot in 88, it would have probably get in the low 20 mpg range but it probably gets high teens now. atleast thats what i would expect it to get if it is in good running order.

DeleriousZ
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
*snickers* errr uh.. yeah.. just make sure you don't hit it when you're driving down the freeway when you go to adjust your seat... bad things happen lol

tarabull
03-15-2005, 08:11 PM
so you're saying it goes down to about 5MPG's when I step on it....?????

k3smostwanted
03-15-2005, 08:24 PM
so you're saying it goes down to about 5MPG's when I step on it....?????
no i think he was talking about the gas door not the gas milage...:lol:

tarabull
03-15-2005, 08:44 PM
oh, damn, I am a genius tonite....

DeleriousZ
03-15-2005, 08:44 PM
uh yeah... but i do find when i step on it i do get much worse mileage... naturally..

tarabull
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM
lol, thanks!!!

k3smostwanted
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
oh, damn, I am a genius tonite....

ehh...your fine. wait till you meet Jorge and Jared, they will make you look like einstein. they couldnt find their way out of a wheel barrel full of buttholes. j/k fellas...:lol2:

DeleriousZ
03-15-2005, 10:49 PM
hahahahaha, it'd be even better if they were actually AROUND to read that!!!! where have they been???

Zgringo
03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
hahahahaha, it'd be even better if they were actually AROUND to read that!!!! where have they been???
If they aren't AROUND? Are they ASQUARE?

Bdetore
03-16-2005, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=tarabull]ah-ha, push down for gas tank, lift up for trunk...QUOTE]

Hit that lever during hard braking, the extra wind resistance will take your 60-0 down another 5 feet. :thinkerg:

stephenp
03-16-2005, 04:09 PM
nice braking idea im gonna have to try that sometime lol pull up and push down lol is it normal for it to be about 37 mpg on the highway(acorrding to the gauge at about 75) and at 0mpg under full boost? several mods check out z31 mods

stephenp
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
nice braking idea im gonna have to try that sometime lol pull up and push down lol is it normal for it to be about 37 mpg on the highway(acorrding to the gauge at about 75) and at 0mpg under full boost? several mods check out z31 mods

Bdetore
03-16-2005, 04:29 PM
nice braking idea im gonna have to try that sometime lol

I got the idea from the less believable crappier Knight Rider show's after they did that goofy Transformer button retrofit on Kit.

As for the MPG gauge, alot of cars with monitors for mileage will say you're getting incredible mileage when you are going down hill or just cruisin, but as soon as you put your foot back on the gas it should go down, and when you're really nailing it, it will go down even farther. I think the lowest I ever got was 2 miles per gallon in my Dad's old Legend with my foot in it in first gear going up a slight incline. I'm sure if my '93 Ramcharger with it's modified 360 V8 had a MPG indicator I would have been at 0 alot!!! :cool:

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-16-2005, 06:37 PM
*snickers* errr uh.. yeah.. just make sure you don't hit it when you're driving down the freeway when you go to adjust your seat... bad things happen lol

haha itake it you hve experienced that before .....

what happened did your fuel door get ripped off , im bettin it did ..

DeleriousZ
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
lol, no i just had to pull over on the super busy highway to close it again... needless to say dangerous and very embarrasing lol

tarabull
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
did you read that I'm in love?????

DeleriousZ
03-16-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah... there's no such thing as driving a z and not falling in love... you just can't do it... like most people say, once you drive a z, it's hard to drive anything else :p

tarabull
03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
like I said in the other post, it needs front end work, but to feel this little car in my hands is awesome, I've never owned a "sports car" but a few sporty sedans and I'm sorry if I'm swooning, but I really can't get over it.... hell, I got in trouble in a stratus, a grandprix gt, a bronco, what the hell am in for in this thing... oh well, its only insurance rates!

Bdetore
03-16-2005, 11:39 PM
like I said in the other post, it needs front end work, but to feel this little car in my hands is awesome, I've never owned a "sports car" but a few sporty sedans and I'm sorry if I'm swooning, but I really can't get over it.... hell, I got in trouble in a stratus, a grandprix gt, a bronco, what the hell am in for in this thing... oh well, its only insurance rates!

My G35 arrives in a week or so, I get the feeling the Insurance rates aren't going to stay stable. Any good stock tips? My wallet feels light.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
yah send some of that $$$ my way lol ....

hey its ok if it needs work u havent seen my car it needs more work and i still love 'er lol ...

(1)<WEIGHT REDUCTION>
http://tinypic.com/28unma
(2)<BODY STYLING>
http://tinypic.com/28unp0

Bdetore
03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
yah send some of that $$$ my way lol ....

hey its ok if it needs work u havent seen my car it needs more work and i still love 'er lol ...
]

If I've learned anything, it's that nothing is ever perfect. I bought a new car with the thought that I wouldn't NEED to work on it, it's not even here yet and I'm thinking of things that I CAN do to it. It never ends!!!!!!!!!

tarabull
03-21-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah, well, I gotta free car, and besides the $600 that needed to go into it, I think I have another 1K planned for it, shame is, its not really practical for me, and I'll probably sell it at the end of summer.....

Bdetore
03-21-2005, 07:20 PM
yeah, well, I gotta free car, and besides the $600 that needed to go into it, I think I have another 1K planned for it, shame is, its not really practical for me, and I'll probably sell it at the end of summer.....

Well, at least you have it. I just found out from the stool sucking jackasses shipping my car that it is going to take them another week to get it from mid-california to Seattle. It's a 14 hour friggin' drive. They were supposed to have it here by today. I had planned to have a 3M Clear bra installed on Friday. That wouldv'e made it possible for me to take it on a weekend vacation with my girlfriend Saturday and Sunday. Now all of that is cancelled due to fucking incompetence. If anyone eve needs their car shipped do not use A-1 AUTO TRANSPORT!!! They are incapable of delivering upon their own statements. :flipa:

tarabull
03-21-2005, 07:36 PM
wouldn't it have just taken you a few hours (relatively) to get it from ca to wa????

k3smostwanted
03-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, at least you have it. I just found out from the stool sucking jackasses shipping my car that it is going to take them another week to get it from mid-california to Seattle. It's a 14 hour friggin' drive. They were supposed to have it here by today. I had planned to have a 3M Clear bra installed on Friday. That wouldv'e made it possible for me to take it on a weekend vacation with my girlfriend Saturday and Sunday. Now all of that is cancelled due to fucking incompetence. If anyone eve needs their car shipped do not use A-1 AUTO TRANSPORT!!! They are incapable of delivering upon their own statements. :flipa:

so what kind of G35 are we talking??? 2 door coupe with spoiler in black with 18" chromies stock??? errr....yeah i that was in my dream but wehats yours look like.

one of these days i will have to take pics of my buddies Z32TT and his BMW M3, both are friggin sick!!! yeah he owns his own business at 23 years old....hes got it made. his M3 is that BMW chameleon blue with stock 18" gunmetal wheels and all the little M3 badges in gunmetal with 20% tint all the way around. talk about contrast...i havent seen a car look much better than that stock. maybe a koenigsegg or something...but this isnt far behind.

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
yah so ima be rebuilding my engine gunna cost me like $556 thats discount prices and free shipping

from http://www.expressautoparts.com

its pretty kewl i just have to find another car to buy to drive so i can put this one in storage and rebuild mine ...

ExTrEmEDrIfT
03-21-2005, 10:45 PM
working on cars and modifying them is a never ending process

Bdetore
03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
so what kind of G35 are we talking??? 2 door coupe with spoiler in black with 18" chromies stock??? errr....yeah i that was in my dream but wehats yours look like.

one of these days i will have to take pics of my buddies Z32TT and his BMW M3, both are friggin sick!!! yeah he owns his own business at 23 years old....hes got it made. his M3 is that BMW chameleon blue with stock 18" gunmetal wheels and all the little M3 badges in gunmetal with 20% tint all the way around. talk about contrast...i havent seen a car look much better than that stock. maybe a koenigsegg or something...but this isnt far behind.

It's a 2004 Laser red 6spd. Everything on it but the door guards (the goofy stick on horizontal lines, they call it body molding) and the chin spoiler. I bought the '04 because of the Brembos and the higher torque motor. It was one of the last red ones in the country. It was between red and black. I already have a black truck so I went for the change. As for the drive from California, it WAS in Missouri. I had it shipped because I didn't want to fly out and drive it 2100 miles before I could have a 3M clear Bra put on it. I had that scheduled for this Friday. The car was supposed to be here by today, but they continually had delayso of one sort or another. It's now in Mid California. The Mapquest time to get to Seattle is under 14 hours, but the truck that goes North South isn't scheduled to pick it up until the end of the week. When I booked the shipper they told me it wasn't changing trucks. They picked it up four days late, and while in Texas the driver took a day or two off while my car sat in a transfer terminal. I had to cancel my Clearbra appointement, and I can't use it for my weekend drive I was planning with the girlfriend. She's never been laid outside of Washington. I was planning to add a state to her portfolio. :boink: She has never had a weekend off since I've been with her. The car will arrive the day she goes back to work. go figure. :dunno:

Broncodriver
03-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Glad you like your new free Z. Now just think, yours is non turbo and you like it that much. Now go out and drive one that has a turbo. Man its great fun.

Add your comment to this topic!