Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I hate this hobby!

GvEman
03-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Some times it really feels like I just want to stop building models. Like when you are working and working on a model.. and the crap falls apart all the time! :banghead: Like the frame on my Impala! :banghead:

Right now.. it feels like there is no way I will finish this crap before the show 2-3 April... :banghead:

Sorry for using unnecessary space on the server but I just wanted to share.

SupaMan89T
03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Some times it really feels like I just want to stop building models. Like when you are working and working on a model.. and the crap falls apart all the time! :banghead: Like the frame on my Impala! :banghead:

Right now.. it feels like there is no way I will finish this crap before the show 2-3 April... :banghead:

Sorry for using unnecessary space on the server but I just wanted to share.
aww cmon man keep pushin when you think you cant take anymore set anthor limit and push to it i do it over and over until the car is done now you must keep pushing!

mike@af
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I feel the same way sometimes. Or right now, when Im out of CA. :(

primera man
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
We all get like this at times.
My best advice to you is pack it all away and dont bring it out again until you are ready.
Never try and work to a dead-line as you only rush and make mistakes

RallyRaider
03-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it happens, especially when deadlines are involved. Just let things flow and you'll come back to it if you feel the need. Plenty of other things to do with your time meanwhile.

proosen
03-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Don't worry, take it easy and work it through. If all else fails, bring it next year instead of forcing your way to a finished piece. You're welcome to me and the family anyway, with or without the Impala :grinno: But hey! I know the feeling, I have several pieces laying around for the next years contest...funny thing is that they have been this way for years now :screwy:

See you!
Niclas

tonioseven
03-16-2005, 06:27 AM
My best advice to you is pack it all away and dont bring it out again until you are ready.
This is advice I'm following right now; all projects are on hold indefinitely.

GvEman
03-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for al of your kind replays!
I will put away the impala.. for now. But in a couple of weeks I need to start working more fluently with the 3000GT because that one needs to be done until the middle of Jun. But on that one I am not working alone, and I am glad for that!

Bas Carwash
03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I think lots of people got a love/hate relationship with this hobby. I hate it because it takes so much money. I love it because my bedroom looks like a exotic car showroom. I hate it to have something scratchbuild which won't fit in the engine bay because other parts are in the way. This way I can go on and on and on. BTW, PMan is absolutely right. Don't fight the fight you can't win. Take your time for it!

snk33y
03-16-2005, 03:50 PM
The way i get out of ruts like this is build something so far out of left field,build something that you wouldnt normally build. last time i built an aircraft carrier,i actually enjoyed building the thing, looks kinda funny being displayed next to my cars. Im very critical when it comes to building my kits and this can sometimes halt progress,but it sure feels good when you are in a roll coz last time i built 3 quality kits in the space of a few months.

Its part of the hobby but no matter what, we will always be coming back for more, the rewards far outweight the negatives especially when things go your way.

ImolaEK
03-16-2005, 04:11 PM

That is soo true, I am also following this advice right now with both cars that i am currently building. :(

Verminator
03-16-2005, 05:24 PM
The way i get out of ruts like this is build something so far out of left field,build something that you wouldnt normally build.
Its part of the hobby but no matter what, we will always be coming back for more, the rewards far outweight the negatives especially when things go your way.

I'm with you on this one, build something else and come back to the cars when youve had a break, or even do both at the same time it can relieve some of the presure you may be feeling.

I am at present building a 2.5 foot vinyl predator figure mixed in with the three cars i'm building at the moment it doesnt half stop the 'ruts'

:2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!