Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Random thoughts and comments about swaps.

Hodo
03-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I have been thinking alot lately since begining this Super Z project... damn that ADD. About swaps and other projects. I know many of you have seen threads on SR20DET and RB swaps and the occassional VK45 swap, I was thinking about a few the other day.

Older Zs-
240Z--- RB25DET (250ZT project)
260Z--- RB26DET (260ZRB)
240Z--- VK56DE (560Z-----scarry!)
or slap some turbos on that 5.6L and make it a VK56DETT...... wet your pants fun there.

Might try that same project in a few years with a Z31..... dont ask how or why but it just sounds like fun. If I dont supercharge the 5.6 I might TT it. never know with me.

So many ideas so little money and space. I need to win the lotto.

Sorry for the rant and the thoughts dump but I had to get them out to see what some of you thought, not that its going to matter I doubt I will ever get to any of them.

Zgringo
03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Hodo they all sound like fun projects. Win the loto and tell me how it go's.
I'd classify them as follows jn the Z.

VK56DETT=shit your pants
VH45DETT=pee your pants
RB26DET=Pass a little gas
RB25DET=Think about all the above

Below that, just a walk in the park.

k3smostwanted
03-15-2005, 05:28 PM
I have been thinking alot lately since begining this Super Z project... damn that ADD. About swaps and other projects. I know many of you have seen threads on SR20DET and RB swaps and the occassional VK45 swap, I was thinking about a few the other day.

Older Zs-
240Z--- RB25DET (250ZT project)
260Z--- RB26DET (260ZRB)
240Z--- VK56DE (560Z-----scarry!)
or slap some turbos on that 5.6L and make it a VK56DETT...... wet your pants fun there.

Might try that same project in a few years with a Z31..... dont ask how or why but it just sounds like fun. If I dont supercharge the 5.6 I might TT it. never know with me.

So many ideas so little money and space. I need to win the lotto.

Sorry for the rant and the thoughts dump but I had to get them out to see what some of you thought, not that its going to matter I doubt I will ever get to any of them.

i like the RB25DET in the 240Z idea...mainly because i had that same idea a couple months ago when i saw a 240Z that had been sitting for a while and i was gonna see if the owner would sell it to me for a little bit of nothing. the RB26DETT is a good idea, but you can get a RB25 motor for alot cheaper and upgrade the bananas out of it with the money you saved from the RB26. just my thoughts...

DeleriousZ
03-15-2005, 07:27 PM
i agree with you there k3... the price difference for the 2 is ridiculous.... probably because of the difference of the cars they come out of, but still, it shouldn't be THAT much more for another .1 litre and another turbo :p

stephenp
03-16-2005, 06:29 AM
well im new to the whole nissan deal for the most part i mean i got most of it but not fimiliar with all the famillys of motors so ill ask a stupid question because i never heard of a nissan v8 but a 5.6 is a big 6 thats for sure . so just give me a pretty post so i can be enlightened

probehtr300
03-16-2005, 10:18 AM
nissan has two production V8s right now. basically. the 4.5 liter and the 5.6 liter. the M45 sedan motor and the Titan truck/Armada SUV motor .

stephenp
03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
wow a nissan v8 sedan motor i would see in a truck but a sedan thats a surprize

Zgringo
03-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Nissan has lots of V8's. The smallest starting at 3.5L, and the largest 5.6L. All are DOHC engines, some production and other modified production engines.
The only engine left off the list is the VK56DE engine.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/tech/engines/home.shtml
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may02/infinitiengine.php

Add your comment to this topic!