Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Paintball mask airbrush colors

ghostguy6
03-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Ive desided that Im going to airbrush my paintball mask but I dont know what color sceme I want to use. Ive got gold metal flake, silver metal flake and candy apple red. I was thinking of a base silver with gold flames moving from the front of the mask to the back, followed by a coat of candy apple red. Im not sure if thats the sceme Ill go with but so far its the best thing I can picture im my mind. Can anyone think of a better sceme? Also Ive never shot candy apple paint before so is there anything I need to know before I shoot the paint?

KustmAce
03-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Silver + Gold = :nono:

Silver + Candy Red = :thumbsup:

ghostguy6
03-15-2005, 02:17 PM
What would you suggest I use to shoot the flames if golds no good? I dont think ive ever seen candy red shot over gold. :dunno:

I was thinking with gold flames it would look something like this
http://mpg.cc/photshops/mask.jpg
And I promise Ill spend more than 10 minutes on the airbrushing, I know this is a shitty chop

mike@af
03-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Are you talking real candy? or just buying candy paint? Theres a difference. If its just candy paint then you wont be able to create ghost flames spraying over a gold base.

ghostguy6
03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
there was a body shop about a block from where i work and the owner had a huge sale to clean out the shop and i bought a can of "candy apple red" for $1, the thing is it only says "candy apple red" on the lid and the label is gone so there is no paint code to cross referance. It looks semi transparent when mixed so im assuming it will work :dunno:

DerekDodge
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
they will be sure to see you in the paintball feild now!! Bright RED!!!

ghostguy6
03-17-2005, 02:50 PM
they will be sure to see you in the paintball feild now!! Bright RED!!!
It my X-ball mask so its not like I really have to worry about being seen, most rounds are over in less that a minute and a half anyways :grinno:

Add your comment to this topic!