Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air cond. Compresor/1994/S10

fuente2855
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
My air cond compressor is squealing and squeaking. sound like bearings. If I turn on the air the squeaking gets louder. Is it possible to bypass the air compressor using the serpintine belt for s10's without air? I just replaced the alternator and would like to replace the serpintine belt also. Or will I have to replace the air compressor?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike If I have to replace the compressor is there a site online that will help this do-it-yourselfer. :smokin:

dmbrisket 51
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
if you want the ac, replace the ac compressor, if not, then take it off and replace with the other belt, forget about it

Jerry80871852
03-16-2005, 09:30 AM
I know those ac people will say not to do as I do, but! MONEY! or lack of it.

Summer before last my AC compressor went out, had it replaced.

The next summer it goes out again, I used to work on such stuff and this time I said I am going back to my old ways, I can not afford the high prices.

Bought me a brand new compressor, dryer, oil, Freon, and the screen that goes in there, forget the name for it.

Installed all of it, did not pull a vacuum, put my Freon in, and it works like a brand new one. It blows extremely cold air, just as good as it did when I bought it in 1992.

I have had many tell me this will not work, not to do it, but I have proved them wrong many times, never had a problem with this when I do it myself.

Jerry

PS. Oh, I used to be a truck driver, had my AC blow a hose once in a while.

It was extremely hot weather going across the desert the first time this happened and the shop I pulled into said it would be several hours before they could get to me.

I bought a splice and clamps and cut the hose and put it back together, put Freon in, now it blew extremely cold air again, went on my way staying very cool.

From them on I always carried splices for my AC lines along with clamps, come in handy several times and kept me riding in the cool.

Add your comment to this topic!