Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alarm Chirp Noise

soul180
03-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Hey, i have a viper alarm, and i really want to change the noise it makes when i turn it on, is this possible, i know it's lame, but i just want to make something different, everyone has viper alarms around here, so i want to make mine different...

Thanks y'all

xivera
03-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Like what? :confused:

TerryJoe
03-27-2002, 09:22 AM
yea what type of sound do u want ?
do u want a diff sounding chirp or diff amount of chirps faster chirps slower?

Bianca
03-27-2002, 06:56 PM
all you have to do is change the siren.
but why the hell would you even use the chirp? I always have my alarms set up so they dont chirp. cant stand it.

soul180
03-27-2002, 08:07 PM
I duno what i want, still a sound when i turn it on or off, just not the bird soundin noise...i might just start using silent mode. The viper chirp just drives me nuts.

How would i go about changin' the siren? are other brand's sirens compatible?

Tireburner
03-29-2002, 07:34 PM
Take the two screws out of the horn end of the siren. They are the outer scews.

There is a rubber plug where the siren wire and the soft chirp loop exit the siren body. Using your fingernail, slide that plug out.

Before disassembling the siren, make a note of which sounds (1 - 6) that you want to eliminate.

slide the guts of the siren out of the body (this will require lots of slack in the siren wires) on the back of the circuit board you will see 6 silver wire jumpers. sound one is on the right and sound 6 is on the left. Cut the jumpers for the sounds you don't want.

NOTE: For chirps purposes only, leave either jumper one or two connected. If you don't you will get some real nasty sounding chirps.

soul180
03-29-2002, 09:49 PM
it's not thge alarm sound i want to change, it's only the noise that the alarm makes when i turn it on and off...when the alarm souinds, i don't care what noise it makes, as long as it's loud....

Tireburner
04-01-2002, 08:16 AM
Cut jumper #1, it will produce slightly different arm / disarm chirps.

j.fuggi
04-01-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Tireburner
Take the two screws out of the horn end of the siren. They are the outer scews.

There is a rubber plug where the siren wire and the soft chirp loop exit the siren body. Using your fingernail, slide that plug out.

Before disassembling the siren, make a note of which sounds (1 - 6) that you want to eliminate.

slide the guts of the siren out of the body (this will require lots of slack in the siren wires) on the back of the circuit board you will see 6 silver wire jumpers. sound one is on the right and sound 6 is on the left. Cut the jumpers for the sounds you don't want.

NOTE: For chirps purposes only, leave either jumper one or two connected. If you don't you will get some real nasty sounding chirps.

does this work with any viper alarm?

how does it change sound? in what way?

also... do you have any pics or examples of sound?

and one more thing... my alarm has two horns set on offset so it plays 1-6 sounds or whatever at the same time but different sounds at the same time.. know what i mean? like horn 1 plays sound 4 while horn 2 plays 3. it's a cool effect. but nevermind that.. i wanna know how to change sound!?

Tireburner
04-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by j.fuggi

does this work with any viper alarm?

how does it change sound? in what way?

also... do you have any pics or examples of sound?

and one more thing... my alarm has two horns set on offset so it plays 1-6 sounds or whatever at the same time but different sounds at the same time.. know what i mean? like horn 1 plays sound 4 while horn 2 plays 3. it's a cool effect. but nevermind that.. i wanna know how to change sound!?

Yes, I will work with any Viper alarm

You know how the siren makes six different sounds when it is triggered? By cutting the jumpers, you can eliminate any of the sounds you don't like, thus customizing your siren so it is easier to tell if it is your alarm going off.

I don't have any pics, or sound guide. We include the diagram on how to eliminate the sounds on every siren box, so we have never have had to put it on the web site.

Just follow the steps I originally outlined and you will be up and running.

Just a note. I have done dual siren systems, and set them for different sounds..... Makes a lot of noise, but sounds kinda goofy. When I do multi-siren systems, I customize each siren the same... sounds much better.

j.fuggi
04-01-2002, 01:03 PM
how does the chirp sound change? and as for dual sirens... i don't think it sounds goofy. it sound phat, no one i know has it, and its LOUD! 2 alarms at once. sounds like 2 cars. and one more thing.

my lights DONT flash EVER with any alarm function. how do i wire it or something? anything i can do. can you give me a detailed rundown on my alarm by any chance? like what does what and everything. because it came with the car. it took me like 2 months to figure out there was a silent mode.

Add your comment to this topic!