Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine heats up quickly and burns spark plug wires???

bhoward86
03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I just installed a new thermostat to my 91 Ford Probe, but seems like back of the engine heats up abnormally and begins to burn my spark plug wiring. Is there something else that could be causing this? I was told it was more than likely the thermostat but even after the installation of the thermostat, the back area f the engine still gets hot and burns my spark plug wiring. I'm not sure if i just have to wait a little more time for the engine to cool down or what. I let the engine run for the 10 min to mix the coolant and still it burned. Any ideas?

blindfoldedhope
03-14-2005, 01:05 AM
did you put the t-stat in backward?

bhoward86
03-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Not that I know of. I put it in the same way as the old one was in. Where the spring is facing the engine.

bhoward86
03-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I watched the back spark plugs carefully and I noticed the smoke is only coming from the back middle spark plug. What could be causing that?

bhoward86
03-27-2005, 01:24 PM
And I think I noticed that my coolant fan doesnt come on. Maybe Im not letting the engine run long enough, but from what I see it doesn't look like it comes on anymore.

Sintek
04-15-2005, 01:37 PM
could be a defect in the plug wiring if it is only that wire.. unless you have actually touched or know that it is the engine for sure.. besure it's not the one SP wire

Add your comment to this topic!