Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stay tuned : I will be performing another auto to manual conversion within next 48 hr

zykotik
07-04-2001, 04:31 PM
Just to let you all know (for those of you who were wondering how it's done) I will be converting a P10 from auto tranny to manual tranny. I have my digital camera ready so I'm gonna get lots of pics and explain ALL of it to you so y'all can get linked up with some 5 speed power. All the parts came off an NX2000 this time but it all should fit or I will make it fit.

Hope this will be of help to you, and as the title says I will be doing this within the next 2 days..I'm just waiting for the parts to be delivered to my garage.

zykotik
07-06-2001, 08:22 AM
Damn it...my parts will be delivered only Monday...gotta wait til then.

A380Driver
07-16-2001, 12:33 AM
Hey where u at? Id like to get mine done but i need some help :) hehe...

zykotik
07-16-2001, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by A380Driver
Hey where u at? Id like to get mine done but i need some help :) hehe...

I'm in Monteal Canada...Y'know its a very straight forward conversion. The only things I had to "make fit" were a tranny mount which I welded to another part of the frame and it looks original even. Also I had to drill a hole for the clutch cable and install the clutch pedal. Other than that you'll need a speed sensor and you'll have to cross the wires for the neutral switch so your car will start.

Simple no? :)

A380Driver
07-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Heh I *wishh* it was that easy...I want to study alot more about the car but the problem is i realllly dont have the time with classes and all that crap...soo its kinda tough...plus while im at school here im in an apartment and it sucks cuz i have no garage and no tools (well, a couple) heh u get what I mean...but anyways good luck on yours and when I get the monnnnneyyy i might hafta ask u for some *ahem* advice :) heh

sleepers_96
07-17-2001, 03:24 PM
y'know, ive heard all this "stuff" about how hard this conversion would be and how i shouldn't do it. i joined se-r.net's list and got the link here. this is awesome. i just have one question about the computer...will you need a new wiring harness? make sure you post which parts you used/needed. thanks for posting, we needed something like this.

sleepers_96
07-17-2001, 03:27 PM
will you need a new wiring harness? ecu? man, this is gonna be so helpful. lol...cant you do it now so i can go out and buy mine?!? everyone was telling me it was too much work and too hard. neways, well be watching. (ever think about like webcasting it?..sorta like a bob ross thing?)

sleepers_96
07-17-2001, 03:41 PM
at the risk of sounding..i dunno..psychotic, i will post a third response to my first two. i didnt know the first one posted, thats why it reads so wierdly. neways...hows that tranny swap thing goin? lol...im out

KCG20
07-17-2001, 05:01 PM
Brand spankin' new to the list . . .

PLEASE keep us posted with links and whatnot.

Desperately want to ditch the slushbox but don't have the
knowledge or courage yet!

Sounds like you got it covered

zykotik
07-17-2001, 09:40 PM
Ok look I don't want to get into a big write up right now about this but I can tell you this: Anyone that tells you that its hard and can't be done is full of sh**. I got through it with my original ECU and harness. The conversion was very straight forward (providing you have some mechanical know how)

Only mods needed to do this:

Welded tranny mount to another part of the frame (will post pics with the write up when I get time to do it)

Drilled holes for clutch cable & pedal

Because I used an NX tranny I had to use the interior half shaft of the right side axle and reconnect it to the exterior part of the G20 axle because of 1/4 inch size difference...Well worth it cuz now I have VLSD.

Cross wires for Neutral switch or car doesen't start.

The rest is basically un bolt everything you need to get the job done, add your new parts, put it ll back together and go test it out.

Your ECU will be fine but I suggest you get it reprogrammed by JWT anyway (get some more horsies) and while you've taken everything apart clean your throttle body.

KCG20
07-18-2001, 04:00 PM
Thanks, man. That's inspiring.

I'll be looking forward to the detail and the pics, and
thanks for sharing with the forum.

Add your comment to this topic!